Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Dec 27, 2010 @ 15:12
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

image and page path was broken when deployed to the server

Hello,

I'm using umbraco on my local desktop. if i try the path /media/arrow.gif  the image is not show in my umbraco site (http://localhost/florahospitality). So what I did is to use this path. /florahospitality/media/arrow.gif

Changing that I was able to view the images but when I try to deploy it in our server. the image path was broken again. and it is expecting the path to be /media/arrow.gif

Is there a way to make this work in my development and live server?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 27, 2010 @ 20:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sherry

What version of Umbraco are you using? And how are you saving the files in the media folder? Are you saving them through Umbraco or using the filesystem (outside of Umbraco).

And are you trying to call the url directly not using xslt?

/Jan

Dec 28, 2010 @ 09:33
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

i'm saving the images under the media/images.

Another problem I encountered is I can't login to the umbraco admin when I deployed it to the server. The weird thing is if I used firefox to login to the umbraco cms, I don't encounter any problem. But if I use IE clicking the login button will just revert back to login.aspx.

• Greyhound 102 posts 124 karma points
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 10:58
    Greyhound

Hi Sherry,

I think the image path problem is that your locahost you're app is expecting the root to be /floralhospitality/media/example.gif but your live app will be working from a domain like www.mydomain.com/media/example.gif. This could possibly be something to do with how you have set the site up locally.

Not sure which version of Windows you're using but it may be worth downloading a copy of XP Pro IIS Admin. It basically allows you to set up multiple websites on an XP installation (it will also create host headers etc) That way you can point all of your code from the root which means a switch to live will be seamless in terms of paths.

http://testdomain.com/umbraco/login.aspx should work for logging in. I remember some issues with IE a while back but I think it was something to do with a permissions setting in the browser itself. Pops ups or trusted site, something along those lines.

Dec 28, 2010 @ 12:13
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

Thanks for that tip. :D

As for the other issue about the login. I'm still clueless why I can't login in IE. It just keeps refreshing back to login.aspx.

• Daniel Quiroz 2 posts 71 karma points
    Jan 07, 2016 @ 05:38
    Daniel Quiroz

I have the same problem, men did you solved it? how?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft