Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Rud 257 posts 988 karma points c-trib
    Dec 28, 2010 @ 21:30
    Martin Rud

Getting InfoCasters 301 URL Tracker to handle *.html extensions

Hi forum,

I have installed the 301 URL Tracker package from InfoCaster. It works great, but my site has some old URL´s ending with a ".html".

I would like to get 301 URL Tracker to handle these *.html extensions so the module can send vistors to the changed URL with a 301 redirect.

I have tried setting up my web.config (I have no access to the ISS server), but I can´t get it working:

I added this line i web.config:

<add name="htmlext" path="*.html" verb="*" type="InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker.Handler301URLTracker, InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker" />

... but I get this error:

---------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker.Handler301URLTracker, InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker does not implement IHttpHandlerFactory or IHttpHandler.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker.Handler301URLTracker, InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker does not implement IHttpHandlerFactory or IHttpHandler.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ConfigurationErrorsException: InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker.Handler301URLTracker, InfoCaster.Umbraco._301UrlTracker does not implement IHttpHandlerFactory or IHttpHandler.]

System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache.GetHandlerType(String type) +9026211

System.Web.Configuration.HandlerFactoryCache..ctor(String type) +19

System.Web.HttpApplication.GetFactory(String type) +81

System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +223

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

---------------------

Can my addition to web.config be adjusted to get this working?

Regards,

Martin   

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 11:29
    Stefan Kip

You should post this question in the 301 URL Tracker forum: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/301-url-tracker/bug-reports

• Martin Rud 257 posts 988 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 11:59
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft