Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Dec 29, 2010 @ 16:43
    Anthony Candaele

pages reload very slow

Hi,

I don't know if this has to do with my localy installed version (Juno Beta) of Umbraco, but my pages reload very slow. Everytime I do a refresh in the browser (Firefox), the page keeps loading.

Restarting my local instance of IIS didn't help, also doing a recycle of the application pool didn't help.

Anyone had the same experience?

Thanks for your help,

Anthony Candaele
    www.webmove.be
    Belgium

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Dec 29, 2010 @ 17:35
    Kim Andersen

Hi Anthony

Could you try putting this parameter on your url: ?umbdebugshowtrace=true (so the url would be: http://www.domain.com/random-page.aspx?umbdebugshowtrace=true)

This will give you the stack trace, and then you can see some renderingtimes. It could be interesting to see if there's a macro or so that takes a lot of time to render. Then you'd have something to work with at least. I'm not saying that it's because of a slow macro, but it was maybe worth a shot to see if there was something like that which killed performance.

/Kim A

Dec 29, 2010 @ 20:16
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Kim,

I added the querystring to view the stack trace, but I didn't see one proces or macro that took more time than another proces. There was just one process that stood out:

Category      Message            From First(s)                    From Last(s)

page.aspx    Begin PreInit       3,3371787901238E-05      0,000033

All the other processes where below 0 seconds.

I don't know, may it's my laptop that has become so slow. Just know, it took also a hell lot of time to load the http://our.umbraco.org page.

Thanks for the advice,

Anthony Candaele

Dec 29, 2010 @ 20:24
    Kim Andersen

When you say that our.umbraco.org is also very slow, it could be your computer/internet connection. Where I am sitting right now, our.umbraco.org is loaded very fast. Is the slow site public so that we can test the speed from other computers?

/Kim A

Dec 29, 2010 @ 20:39
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Kim,

No the website I'm working on - the website of my own company Webmove - isn't public yet, although I'm planning to get it online in the beginning of januari.

But I also think it's my computer that has a slow Internet connecttion.

greetings,

Anthony

Dec 29, 2010 @ 21:07
    Kim Andersen

Okay fair enough.

Let's hope and assume that it's your internet connection that's slow. Well, not because I want you to have a slow internet connection, but you know what I mean :)

When you go live in January, let's see if there's still a problem with the performance.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft