Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Juul Andersen 44 posts 98 karma points c-trib
    Jan 09, 2011 @ 17:05
    Brian Juul Andersen

Juno - cannot install at UnoEuro webhotel

Hi

I´m trying to install Umbraco Juno at a UnoEuro webhotel with MySQL as the database.

The installation halts at step 3 with the following erorr message: "Database connection initialisation failed."

I can connect to the DB through phpMyAdmin so it seems weird that Juno cannot connect.

Any help is appreciated.

• Jamie Howarth 306 posts 773 karma points c-trib
    Jan 09, 2011 @ 18:14
    Jamie Howarth

Hi Brian,

Check that UnoEuro has SocketPermission enabled as part of their .NET Medium Trust settings.

Preamble: MySQL .NET connector requires SocketPermission to open a socket to the MySQL instance and send/receive data and commands and suchlike.
    However, SocketPermission is denied by default in Medium Trust environments.
    Most hosts have added SocketPermission to their trust configs because of this limitation, however, you might want to get UnoEuro to double-check it - a brief instruction list is here.
    SocketPermission isn't required for SQL Server because there's a managed handler built into the .NET Framework for that.

UnoEuro's homepage says they support Umbraco 4.5, although it doesn't say whether that's with MySQL or not, so you might want to test whether you can connect a normal ASP.NET page to your MySQL instance first, to confirm the above yourself.

Best,

Benjamin

Jan 09, 2011 @ 20:47
    Brian Juul Andersen

I already have a Juno running at another UnoEuro web hotel (with MySQL). So it puzzles me even more that I´m not able to install this one.

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Jan 09, 2011 @ 20:54
    Kim Andersen

Hi

I haven't tried installing Juno on UnoEuro because my account currently only uses .NET 3.5 and not 4.0. But just to follow up on what's Benjamin says:

"UnoEuro's homepage says they support Umbraco 4.5, although it doesn't say whether that's with MySQL or not" - I have a running v4.5.2 using MySQL on UnoEuro, and here's no problems at all.

But it does sound very weird that you can connect through PHPMyAdmin but not through the installer. You 100% sure that you've typed the correct servername, user and password, right?

/Kim A

Jan 09, 2011 @ 21:29
    Brian Juul Andersen

Yes I checked the connection information everal times. I´ve also tried installing choosing the "custom connection" option in the drop down in step 3 - copying and editing the example just below the connection string field. That didn´t work either.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 09, 2011 @ 22:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

Please contact support about this. I know that they will fix this without further ado.

It's probably permissions that needs to be set. Unfortunately you cannot do that through the control panel. But drop them an e-mail about the problem and they will fix. Have done this with multiple installs earlier.

/Jan

Jan 11, 2011 @ 19:02
    Brian Juul Andersen

After a little support from UnoEuro we found out that they had messed something up at their end. It´s solved now and I can confirm that Juno runs smoothly on a UnoEuro web hotel (Bronze package) !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft