Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carlos Casalicchio 176 posts 735 karma points
    Jan 11, 2011 @ 21:03
    Carlos Casalicchio

Version 4.5.2 .NET 4 MySQL 5.09 Issue

I've recently upgraded my hosting to II7 and .NET 4 and am running into problems with this release of Umbraco for .NET 4.

Now I am not being able to connect to the MySql database by any means - tried custom connection with no luck either.

Nevertheless, I've attempted to connect externally using the Portable Database Browser and it connected successfully. 

Also, tried creating a simple aspx using visual basic and uploaded it to a /test/ folder under another subsite but still inside the same virtual space and the connection was also successful. (http://.../test/dbconntest.aspx )

For last, I've attempted to connect using Visual Studio. Downloaded the .NET 4 web deploy zip, extracted to my computer and ran it with Visual Studio. Got the same error message: Database connection initialisation failed. The installer cannot connect to the database.

I suspect there's something missing with this specific release because the .NET 3.5 was working perfectly just before upgrading (in the same shared hosting account)

Does anyone know of a possible fix for this?

Jan 13, 2011 @ 14:16
    Carlos Casalicchio

Does anyone have even a clue? Maybe I'm doing something wrong and if that's the case then someone's experience in installing will set me straight.

To update my previous post - connecting to MSSQL works fine. Only MySQL fails.

My hosting is with a GODADDY account - shared windows hosting

Jan 19, 2011 @ 22:49
    Carlos Casalicchio

Found a workaround: Install version 4.6.1 .NET 4 instead

This release worked fine the first try.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft