Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik Esseen 610 posts 906 karma points
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 14:51
    Fredrik Esseen

Frontend says "An error occurred while processing your request. "

Hi!

Since I started to use a new host I sometimes get "An error occurred while processing your request." when trying to reach the frontpage.

This seems to happen if the page hasnt been visited for some time, at least that is my theory.

When I republish the website the website shows up nicely.

Ive tried to set CustomErrorsMode  = OFF but I cant see any error showing up.

This is a site with 4.5.2 and MS SQL.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jan 17, 2011 @ 17:50
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Not sure what that is without a more detailed error, could you try to find out from the umbracoLog table or the windows event log what the exact error is?

Jan 19, 2011 @ 09:12
    Fredrik Esseen

The UmbracoLog says nothing and the windows event log is not reachable. I use an external host.

But why am I not seeing the normal error-message-page but instead a white screen with the short error message? I've set CustomError=Off.

Feb 11, 2011 @ 10:47
    Fredrik Esseen

I think I got something from the UmbracLog that might be this problem:

System.InvalidOperationException: This document already has a 'DocumentElement' node. at System.Xml.XmlDocument.IsValidChildType(XmlNodeType type) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.AppendChildForLoad(XmlNode newChild, XmlDocument doc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc) at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Access.get_AccessXml() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Access.getPage(Int32 documentId) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Access.IsProtected(Int32 DocumentId, String Path) at umbraco.requestHandler..ctor(XmlDocument umbracoContent, String url) at umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

-
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 11:18
    Fredrik Esseen

I also found this:

Xml wasn't saved: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\6ff6b386\223fd7a\UmbracoData\umbraco.config' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename) at umbraco.content.PersistXmlToFile(XmlDocument xmlDoc)

Seems like it has to do with the permissions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft