Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 14:31
    Anthony Candaele

cannot find code behind files

Hi,

I just installed Umbraco 4.6.1, but I cannot find the code behind files when I open the website in Visual Studio 2010.

Is this normal?

greetings,

Anthony Candaele

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 14:50
    Dirk De Grave

Yup, the downloads on the download section for umbraco on Codeplex only contains the binaries required to install and run umbraco. If you need the source, go to Codeplex and download source.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 18, 2011 @ 15:56
    Anthony Candaele

Hello Dirk,

I wanted to look into the codebehind of the Contactform web user control (.ascx) that was installed with the Runway starter kit.

Now I found out that the contact.ascx.cs file is in the App_Code folder so I could figure out how the Contactform usercontrol is build.

I want to make my own customized version of the Runway Contactform usercontrol so I created - after watching the video tutorial on user controls - my own project with a Contactform usercontrol.

The only thing that I don't get is that in the Runway contact.ascx.cs there is a line:

umbraco.library.SendMail(tb_email.Text, yourEmail, subject, tb_msg.Text, false);

I would also like to call this Sendmail() method from the umbraco library, but I don't get how I can put a reference to the umbraco library from my own custom project.

Thanks for your advice,

Anthony

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 18, 2011 @ 15:59
    Dirk De Grave

Just add a reference to the umbraco assembly (from /bin) through the vs.net project to use the library functions.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 18, 2011 @ 16:03
    Anthony Candaele

ok, thanks for the advice!

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft