Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcel 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:52
    Marcel

Installed umbraco

Hello,

I just installed umbraco on the server of mine hosting provider. the hostig supports framework4, but when I wanted to login into the admin side of the cms I get the following layout: (see picture)

Does any one know how to fix this major problem

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:54
    Rasmus Berntsen

Might be a stupid question - but did all of the files upload succesfully?

Jan 20, 2011 @ 09:56
    Marcel

Yes I did, I have tried it several times with publishing in Microsoft WebMatrix and with FileZilla, none of them gave an error

Jan 20, 2011 @ 10:20
    Marcel

I even find out that none of the buttons in the top of the page has any functionality at the moment.

I have made a site with umbraco on mine local,

... every thing works fine, but when I export the files with ftp to the webhosting ... nothing works in the cms

• Mike 21 posts 42 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 10:35
    Mike

What I know this is an "insufficient rights" issue. The lack of controls on this area in the installer makes it´s possible to install the application on servers where it´s not supported to 100%.

I have tried the 4.6 on several servers with 4.0 (2008 R2) at different hosting companies. On some servers it´s working and on others it´s not working. So the best solution would be if the Umbraco team could make a better installer that could determine the "rights" correctly in the installation process.

It´s seems like the "old" issue
    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10747-Umbraco-45-and-empty-tree-nodes-in-shared-hosting

/M

Jan 20, 2011 @ 12:22
    Marcel

After setting a lot of permissions, it finally seems to work :P 

thanx for the support

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 23, 2011 @ 21:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Marcel

Just out of curiosity how much is a lot of permissions? Did'nt you just set them on the root folder of Umbraco for the network service and the iusr? Or did you have to do it on each folder individually?

/Jan

Jan 23, 2011 @ 22:20
    Marcel

I had to set all permissions on each folder individually. because I did not had the full rights to do this on the root folder (httpdocs)

greets,

Marcel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft