Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• manuelpedrera 18 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 17:16
    manuelpedrera

IIS default document not working

Hi,

In my site I have a main.aspx file which is running outside umbraco and which I want to be the default document.

I have set up IIS Default Documents options so it's the only file in the list, but I'm still seeing a Umbraco template (which doesn't have anything to do with the default.aspx file) by default instead main.aspx.

By googling a found a solution modifying UrlRewriting.config, but it's not valid because it's showing the main.aspx path, and a clean URL is needed.

I'm using umbraco 4.5 for .NET 3.5 and IIS7.

Thanks

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 18:12
    Ismail Mayat

did you add the url main.aspx to your web.config under the key umbracoReservedUrls add it there and then umbraco will not try to handle it which is what seems be happening. 

Regards

Ismial

Jan 20, 2011 @ 18:30
    manuelpedrera

Yep, it's in the reserved urls list. I can browse it manually without problems.

• Tom Hare 49 posts 81 karma points
    Jan 20, 2011 @ 18:35
    Tom Hare

Have you restarted IIS and/or tried cleared your browser cache?

Tom

Jan 20, 2011 @ 18:39
    manuelpedrera

I have restarted IIS, IIS site, reinstalled IIS modules, cleared cache, tried with different browsers...

Doesn't have umbraco anything related to this in its configuration?

• Shaun 248 posts 475 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 09:36
    Shaun

I am having precisely the same problem with 4.6

I can't set the default doc to be another.aspx page, or even a .html one. Its the oddest thing.

I've created another simple html site on the same dedicated server and my default documents work as expected there, so I'm pretty sure it's not a problem with the server itself.

Feb 21, 2011 @ 09:42
    Shaun

hmm. This seems to work, add a "/" to the end of the reservedurls item in web.config

<add key="umbracoReservedUrls" value="~/config/splashes/booting.aspx,~/install/default.aspx,~/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx,~/" />

This allows the default document to be displayed. but now I can't access any of the site other than the backend. 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 09:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Shaun

What happens if you add the full url of your default document?

/Jan

Feb 21, 2011 @ 15:47
    Shaun

Hi Jan

It seems to not do anything if I add the full url, and I see the original homepage as before. 

I've found a way around it for now by creating a new homepage in Umbraco. Very odd behaviour though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft