Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 09:58
    Keith Bamberger

Umbraco 4.6.1 Doesnt go past Step 3 (Databaase step)

Hi all,

I have installed Umbraco 4.6.1 on a number of servers but for the first time have become stuck.

Using the installer i cant get past step 3

I have made an empty db and user on the server and i am pretty sure i have the correct database information (infact on the server i have made a udl file and tested the connection properties and the test connection works just fine).

I see that in the web.config the umbracoDbDSN value is filled with the correct information however step 3 just sits there at 0%. I have seen it become stuck at 30% before and on reloading the page it has actually finished but not updated the completion bar to 100% and moved on.

Any ideas why the database isnt being installed?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Keith

What database are you using? I have not experienced any trouble using MSSQL so it's interesting to know what database you're using.

Have you doublede checked that the proper permissions have been set for network service and iusr on the root folder of Umbraco?

/Jan

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Jan 27, 2011 @ 10:34
    Keith Bamberger

Im using SQL Server version 9.0.3310

As far as i can see the permissions are set correctly..

Ah wait.. noticed that the network Service was missing, added.. still the same problem :(

• Duncan 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 12:26
    Duncan

Hi Keith,

Did you manage to resolve this?  I am getting the same issue when trying to do a fresh install using SQL server 2005 (9.0.1399)

I also get a script error on tha page that refers to line 138, but I don't know if this is related or not. The script starts with:

jQuery(document).ready(function () {

Network service has full permissions on the root folder of Umbraco and the correct database connection string has been successfully written to the web.config file.

• Duncan 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 14:25
    Duncan

I managed to resolve my issue with this. It helps if you follow the instruction on the download page quoted below:

Important Note:

If you extract the files using Window's built in compression tool you will need to 'UNBLOCK' the ZIP file from the Properties Dialog before doing so. Otherwise your installation may not include all required files.

I obviously did not, so the issue was that some files were missing.  Unblocking the .zip file and re-extracting solved this issue for me.

• Ralph Loveday 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 03:31
    Ralph Loveday

Duncan's post worked for me, too.

• Grazi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 30, 2011 @ 13:34
    Grazi

HI, I'm having the same problem - it gets stuck on 35% of step 3 - however, I didn't download a zip file - I downloaded from the web installer wizard they have...

Any idea on what is the solution on this case?

Many thanks, graziela

Mar 30, 2011 @ 14:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Grazi

Did you create a database using the web installer? If so...are you sure permissions are correct?

/Jan

• Grazi 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 08:59
    Grazi

Thanks Jan.

I created the DB myself in sql server 2010 - and linked to it from the web installer. The permissions of the user that I'm using on the login is a DBO -so it should be fine?

Is there anything else I need to do manually on sql server for the permissions to work?

Thank you! :-)

Mar 31, 2011 @ 21:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Grazi

What permissions does your DBO have? Everything but the two "deny" permissions should be checked. Is it that?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft