Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• steweir 34 posts 54 karma points
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 17:00
    steweir

I am not sure what section to put this question in so sorry if its in the wrong section.

Can you good people on here recommend any hosting providers for around £30/£40 a month, All the content i will be hosting is ASP.net and a few Umbraco sites so i thought this would be the best place to ask.

My requirements are to be able to manage domains/emails with having to get a new deal for every new site we need to add

•  I need a SQL Database. This can be a SQLExpress which is free, but not MySQL.
    •  Don’t need remote desktop access but it would be nice
    •  Somewhere ideally with Servers in the UK
    •  Must be Windows servers
    Thanks
    Stephen Weir

• Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 17:45
    Chris Koiak

I've used www.ehosting.co.uk in the past and they've been excellent.

• Eric Boen 40 posts 64 karma points
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 19:55
    Eric Boen

I use 3Essentials.com for our sites and all our client sites. I've been using and recommending them for about 3 years now.  They have great support..usually about a 20 minute turn around when submitting tickets via email. 

• Sascha Wolter 615 posts 1101 karma points
    Jan 28, 2011 @ 22:48
    Sascha Wolter

Just got a VPS (virtual private server) from myhosting.com, and I have to say I am really please with it. Have the lowest hardware options for the WinServer2008 server and it works just fine, however it is only intended as a development machine. They currently have an offer where you can choose WinServer2003 from their options and they will actually give you a WinServer2008 for the same price, amazing (check it out).

However I have to say that you need to be quite careful with running a couple of Umbraco sites on a server which costs only £30/40 a month. I am pretty sure that pretty much every sys admin will tell you that you need to spend at least £150/200 for this IF you want to have a nice (not even real nice) setup. It all depends on how stable this has to run though etc. Maybe it's even worth checking out shared hosting for each of your sites?

• Nigel Wilson 944 posts 2076 karma points
    Jan 29, 2011 @ 04:32
    Nigel Wilson

Hey

I have just setup a single hosting account with www.softsys.com - I am based in New Zealand and currently am happy with page load times, etc.

Their customer service is brilliant and from the website may provide suitable VPS solutions for you.

Cheers

Nigel

• Kris Janssen 210 posts 569 karma points c-trib
    Jan 29, 2011 @ 21:10
    Kris Janssen

I found that nitroserve.nl is quite decent:

1) 5 Applications that can be coupled to subdomains (e.g. testing)

2) 10 DBs

I don't know if they are the cheapest but I have the impression their service is quite good...

You can also select the application pool mode, the desired framework version etc...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft