Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 17:57
    Chad Rosenthal

error upgraded from 4.5.2 to 4.6

I first upgraded from 4.5.2 - .net 3.5 to .net 4.0. Tested the application and it was working.

Then I updated to 4.6.1 using the following instructions: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation

When I hit the CMS, it works fine. When I the home page, i get the following error:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'ASP.install_default_aspx' does not contain a definition for 'bindStep' and no extension method 'bindStep' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.install_default_aspx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Line 62: <nav class="tabset">

Line 63: 

Line 64: <asp:Repeater ID="rp_steps" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="bindStep">

Line 65: <HeaderTemplate><ul></HeaderTemplate>

Line 66: <FooterTemplate></ul></FooterTemplate>

I tried to delete the install, bin, umbraco, and umbraco clients and recopying the files over. I checked permissions. I checked the connection string (which works, 'cause I can log into the CMS).

Any ideas?

-C

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Jan 31, 2011 @ 20:36
    Chad Rosenthal

This has been fixed.

The issue was two folder. The first part was that when I built my application in VS some of the DLL's got copied over with older versions. The second is that umbraco.dll was locked and didn't get replaced with the newer version.

If anyone wants to comment on this so I can close the thread, that would be appreciated.

-C

• Ernst Utvik 123 posts 235 karma points
    Feb 17, 2011 @ 23:45
    Ernst Utvik

What you said :P Now give me some karma ;)

• lufutu 7 posts 27 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 01:15
    lufutu

I have same error can you explain solution more detail ?

Thank you

• khadri 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 19, 2013 @ 20:24
    khadri

Hi,

I am trying to install umbraco 6 with mvc4 in windows7. Getting the follwoing error while running the project from VS.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'ASP.install_default_aspx' does not contain a definition for 'bindStep' and no extension method 'bindStep' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.install_default_aspx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Line 72:                     <nav class="tabset">
    Line 73: 
    Line 74: <asp:Repeater ID="rp_steps" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="bindStep"> Line 75:                             <HeaderTemplate>
    Line 76:                                 <ul>

am I missing anything here?? Any idea?

• Kunal Sabnis 2 posts 21 karma points
    May 01, 2013 @ 07:37
    Kunal Sabnis

hi Khadri,

I am getting the same error. Did you get the solution for this yet?

Thanks

Kunal

• khadri 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 01, 2013 @ 17:47
    khadri

Hi Kunal,

Dll(s) missing. While installation i have not copied the umbraco bin folder in Visual studio. Later copied the bin folder also now i am not getting the error. 

• Kunal Sabnis 2 posts 21 karma points
    May 02, 2013 @ 08:23
    Kunal Sabnis

Thanks Khadri. Yes it works when the bin folder is copied.

• Emma Garland 41 posts 123 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Aug 04, 2013 @ 20:05
    Emma Garland

I also got this error when I tried to install Umbraco 6.1.3 via Nuget in Xamarin Studio over the top of an existing Umbraco 6.0.3 install. I then tried to deploy but obviously some files were not updated in the project as needed.

The issue was fixed by:

• copying over all files from an Umbraco 6.1.3 unzipped download
    • manually merging the web.config to include the original connection string

(On a side note the Umbraco weren't versioned as per their release number, but they are 1.0.495 etc instead)

All running and working as expected now in v 6.1.3.

Emma

• Mark Bruce 3 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 03, 2014 @ 15:54
    Mark Bruce

Upgrading from 6.0.5 to 6.1.6, and receive the following error:

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'ASP.install_default_aspx' does not contain a definition for 'bindStep' and no extension method 'bindStep' accepting a first argument of type 'ASP.install_default_aspx' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 72:                     <nav class="tabset">
    Line 73: 
    Line 74: <asp:Repeater ID="rp_steps" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="bindStep"> Line 75:                             <HeaderTemplate>
    Line 76:                                 <ul>

Followed instructions in this thread and the general upgrade guide, merged web.config but still receive the error
     message.  Please help!!!
  • Chris Van Oort 110 posts 370 karma points
    May 28, 2014 @ 23:45
    Chris Van Oort

Has anyone else solved this for a 6.0.x to 6.2.x upgrade? I'm encountering the issue while moving from 6.0.3 to 6.2.1

• Greg Fyans 140 posts 342 karma points
    Jun 02, 2014 @ 17:59
    Greg Fyans

Hi guys,

Double check the /install folder was overwritten during the upgrade.

Just ran into this problem when upgrading via Nuget and it took me ages to realise that they'd changed the bindStep method to BindStep - argh!

<asp:Repeater ID="rp_steps" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="bindStep">

Is now

<asp:Repeater ID="rp_steps" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="BindStep">

G.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft