Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Michael Falch Madsen 70 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 10:37
    Michael Falch Madsen
    0

    mysql windows linux

    I have copied my umbraco 4.5 site from localhost to my "live webserver" and having problems loggin in to umbraco backend. The site runs fine.

    Problem may be with MySQL.

    On localhost MySQL runs on windows and makes table names in lowercase.

    On live server MySQL runs on Linux and creates tables as umbraco says (uppercase)

    When i moved the databse i manually changed table names to uppercase in the phpmyadmin dump before importing on live server.

    The site did run fine on live server before i copied the database... I have no clue what goes wrong :/

  • Lesley 284 posts 142 karma points
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 13:50
    Lesley
    0

    I don't know much about MySql but some more details might help others.

    At what point does it go wrong? Do you have any error messages?

    I'm guessing it's a permissions issue... Can you login to the live db from MySql admin tool?

     

  • Michael Falch Madsen 70 posts 92 karma points
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 18:46
    Michael Falch Madsen
    0

    Have no idea to what did go wrong, but when i imported the sql dump mysql changed many row. eg. all documents "latest edition" were all "1" so the node was repeated several times in the tree... all users were inactive etc... i ended up with manually created all content/document types by hand.. it took 8 hours but now i works...

     

    The mysql databases were not the same version 5.1.39 vs. 5.1.37).. maybe that was enough to the wird behavior 

     

  • Nawaz 21 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 06, 2013 @ 12:52
    Nawaz
    0

    I have a similar problem my hosting company moved the database server from Windows to Linux and now the the Umbraco site cant find any of the tables get error

    Table 'web212-a-umbr-26.UMBRACODOMAINS' doesn't exist


    the table names are now case sensitive and in the above error the table name is in upper case where the in the database the table name is in lower case.

    Rather than go into the database and change every table to upper case, is there a way to tell Umbraco to use lowercase table names ??

  • Nawaz 21 posts 74 karma points
    Nov 06, 2013 @ 13:56
    Nawaz
    0

    After some searching; dosn't seem to be a way to tell Umbraco to use lowercase names, however the workaround is you can set the database server to use the relevant case. But in my case it's a hosted database server which I have no access to. the other option is to rename all tables in the database to upper case. I'm hoping that Umbraco is consistant and ALL tables are uppercase. If you feel brave enough to change all tables to upper case here is the script.

    first run this in the SQL window of phpmyadmin

    select concat('rename table ', table_name, ' to ' , upper(table_name) , ';') from information_schema.tables where table_schema = 'your_schema_name';

    this produces a script that will change all tables names to uppercase copy the script and paste it into the SQL window and run.

    As always backup the database and use at your own risk....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft