Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 17:09
    Rik Helsen

upgraded 4.0.2.1 to 4.5.2, can't publish items, stuck on "Looks like there's still work to do"

I've updated an umbraco 4.0.2.1 website that had some issues with running on a DFS share.

I upgraded to the .net 3.5 version, and the backend is loading fine, however:

In the frontend of the website, i keep getting the message "Looks like there's still work to do".

I've tried republishing the website using  /umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true , this doesn't give any errors but neither does it fix the issue.

I tried publishing seperate pages of the site again, using the normal UI, but then i get these errors:

As a result (i think) i'm unable to view the frontend of the website at all...

all suggestions are welcome!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 02, 2011 @ 17:15
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Have you read the wiki page on upgrading?

Also make sure, if you're switching to the new schema, to follow this guide.

Then right-click the languageswitch node and choose to publish all and subpages, see if that helps.

Feb 03, 2011 @ 09:38
    Rik Helsen

In the end i was able to fix it by removing an extra dll according to the upgrade instructions, forcing to recycle the app pool, review the web.config, rebuild the entire XML cache using /umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true to publish everything again...

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 09:42
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Excellent, glad it's working again for you. The upgrade to 4.5 is a rather big one indeed. So, are you now going to 4.6? I'm hoping to upgrade one of my 4.0.4 sites to 4.6, but I'm hesitant.

Feb 03, 2011 @ 15:06
    Rik Helsen

I'm sorry to say we don't have any reason to upgrade to 4.6 ;) we do have technical reasons (bugfixes) to upgrade to 4.5.2

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft