Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• iceoz 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 17:36
    iceoz

some questions

Hi, i'm new in umbraco and i have few questions.

I instaled in clear version without starter kit blog4umbraco and nForum

Problens with the blog4umbraco.

• when i save and publish a new post, umbraco create the datefolders and move the post to current folder but in the right side they display a error.
    • Other question. i change the hostname for the blog to localhost/Blog/, when i type this address on my browser they return a error, this error i get when i put localhost/umbraco wihout the " / " at end of url.
    • I want to build more than one blog in my site, because i need a corporate blog, like a blog for a sector of the company, so i build another blog only for test. i create a new post and publish. every thing is fine, then i set a hostname to localhost/OutroBlog/. but when i type in the browser localhost/OutroBlog they return the same error reported above.
    • To enter in the blog i use localhost/Blog ok, but when i enter in the post the erase /Blog/ from the url, they should apper like "http://localhost:2458/blog/2011/2/3/post-de-hoje.aspx" but they apper like this "http://localhost:2458/2011/2/3/post-de-hoje.aspx"
    • And the last one is when i click in the TagCloud link they show "Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\BlogTagcloud.xslt"

nForum Problems:

• Some times they appear this two errors for me or this error
    • When i do the login they redirect to Blog =/ how i resolve this problem?
    • When i enter in a category they ask me to insert in the web.config debug="true". i realy need to put that?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 21:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Iceoz

Those are many questions in one post. Prefferably you should keep questions for seperate packages seperate instead of mixing them into one thread since it's difficult to get an overview and ideas to what could be the cause of your problems.

Keeping the posts seperated makes it much easier for responders to get an overview and keep focus and enhances your chances of getting quality answers.

However when this is said I'm willing to give this a try :-)

I suspect it's an installation of umbraco 4.6.1 you're testing on?

Blog problems

From the screendump it looks like the post that is failing is placed outside the datefolder? Have you tried right clicking the node and choose "publish" ? Does this make the error disappear?

Regarding the hostname issue - you have changed the hostname on your server only, right? If you right click the root of your blog you should be able to choose "manage hostnames" and specify when Umbraco should serve this blog. This needs to be done for all of your blog roots if that makes sense to you?

nForum problems

Unfortunately I have not yet had the time to play around with this nice package. But it would help a lot if you specified when you experience these errors? Is it when making posts from the frontend? Or is it when you're trying to load the forum? If it's when posting....does your posts then contain HTML or any other kind of code or special characters? This could be why you get an ysod.

Don't know if you had a corrupt installation since you get a message that you need a .config file?

I hope these comments can help you make progress? :-)

Cheers

/Jan

Feb 04, 2011 @ 13:58
    iceoz

tks i will separete.

for the blog. i change my initial ideia and nest the blog and forum insite a simple home page. it's correct the lost blog. for the post problem i remove the managed hostname and still get error. and yes, when i save the post they create a datefolder and put the post inside but before the publish the post is out side the datefolder. i guess the problem is becase this, when the post moved to datefolder umbraco miss the post.

for the forum i realy don't know

• hellopeach 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 05, 2011 @ 12:03
    hellopeach

I don't think you can put directories in hostnames. For example "localhost" is a hostname, but "localhost/Blog/" is not a valid hostname. It's a directory under a host.

Feb 07, 2011 @ 12:56
    iceoz

tnks. i nest the blog and the forum.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft