Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Andersen 35 posts 66 karma points
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 17:46
    Brian Andersen

After deployment: publish does not really publish

Umbraco version: umbraco v 4.5.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.3891.20719)

IIS version: 6.0

ASP.NET version 4.0

After I move a site (deployed) onto another server I have this publish issue.  It does show as if publish went well but the data is not updatet. Only when I look at it in preview I can see changes made.

I tried:

1) umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true. that gave me that error below.

Cannot find the object "cmsContentXml" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

2) xmlCacheEnabled set that to false - problem stays

3) ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache - same problem

4) the umbraco.Config in app_data shows the data though but not the frontend.

Any ideas? Is it security?

• Patrick McAndrew 48 posts 163 karma points
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 17:59
    Patrick McAndrew

Not sure if this will is the cause of the problem, but cmsContentXml is in the database.  Can you verify your connection string in web.config (AppSettings/umbracoDbDSN) has permissions to read/write the cmsContentXml table? 

Feb 03, 2011 @ 18:09
    Brian Andersen

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your reply. I am currently having that checked. It seems like write access to the database would be the obvious problem now that you mention it. :)

Regards
    Brian

Feb 03, 2011 @ 18:48
    Brian Andersen

Now it got DB owner on the user and it made it possible for me to do the umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true without any error.

I still have the same problem though.

Regards
    Brian

Feb 03, 2011 @ 19:08
    Patrick McAndrew

There's a good chance the problem now relates to file permssions.  There's a good post at http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line.

Feb 03, 2011 @ 19:21
    Brian Andersen

Thanks. Appreciate the help. I will try to look at the permissions. Creating that bat file is a good idea? I might try that.

Feb 03, 2011 @ 20:02
    Brian Andersen

Did not really do it. If i recycle the app pool it is published, and if i change web.config. But using publish does not publish the data. Preview works flawless, backend to.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2011 @ 21:35
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

What role have you given permissions and have you set them on the root folder of Umbraco?

/Jan

Feb 05, 2011 @ 14:43
    Patrick McAndrew

Brian - Are you setting the hostname in umbraco?  Are you using the same base url to view the published content as the umbraco login page?  Have you tried just publishing a single node vs running the republish.aspx page?

Feb 12, 2011 @ 11:46
    Brian Andersen

Hi

Sorry for not posting, but I been busy and the issue has been taken off my hands for now - also I don't have access to the server anymore. the issue remains though, and let me try and answer the questions.

@Patrick: No the hostname is set in umbraco.Umbraco login page is the same as the published content site. Yes I have tried publishing a single page. It does not work. 

@jan: I have tried giving them all full access... F.ex. Network service has full access, I can't remember them all and I don't have access right now.

I can watch my changes in preview, and I get no errors when publishing.

Thanks for the input, I will let you know what happens.

Brian

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 12, 2011 @ 12:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

You also need to give the IUSR account the same rights as network service.

/Jan

Feb 12, 2011 @ 14:03
    Brian Andersen

Hi Jan

IUSR has full access. I tried adding everyone role, but I don't have the priviliges. I will write the admin and ask him to give full access to the everyone role, to test that. That should tell me if it is a role/security issue, right?

/Brian

Feb 16, 2011 @ 13:48
    Brian Andersen

Giving the everyone role full access to the site root on the server, did not fix this.  

/Brian 

Mar 03, 2011 @ 18:50
    Patrick McAndrew

Just as a general note to whoever, is searching on Cannot find the object "cmsContentXml" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions -> this issue is caused by a truncate table statement, which will require dbo permissions as opposed to datawriter that you probably have it set as.  See workitem 30115 on codeplex for possible future fixes.

• DetonatorB 17 posts 40 karma points
    Jan 08, 2013 @ 21:49
    DetonatorB

Thanks Patrick,

that did it for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft