Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1459 posts 1880 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 13:19
    Gordon Saxby

Error with copied MySQL database

I have a v4.6.1 website running on MySQL v5.1.34, on a live web server.

I copied the website to my PC (Windows 7) and used Navicat to copy the database also to my PC - when I try to access the admin I get -

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during
    the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
    for more information about the error and where it originated in the
    code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
    umbraco.presentation.install.steps.Definitions.DefaultUser.Completed() +13
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.installer.InstallerStepCollection.GotoNextStep(String key) +184
    umbraco.presentation.install._default.GotoNextStep(String currentStep) +26
    umbraco.presentation.install.Helper.RedirectToNextStep(Page page) +56
    umbraco.presentation.install.steps.license.gotoNextStep(Object sender, EventArgs e) +17
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

If I trash the copied database and run through the install routine, it works fine.

Any ideas on how I get the local site to work with a copy of the "live" MySQL database? I have tried scripting the database from "live" and running the script locally but that doesn't work either :-(

Feb 04, 2011 @ 13:26
    Gordon Saxby

Forgot to mention - the MySQL database version is the same on both server and local PC. The site was upgraded from 4.5.2 a while before trying the above.

Feb 11, 2011 @ 16:22
    Gordon Saxby

For some reason, the admin user did not have an ID of 0 (zero) - I changed it and now everything appears to work OK

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft