Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 14:17
    Ferdy Hoefakker

yet another empty trees problem in umbraco 4.5.2

Yes, I know there's plenty of threads for this problem, but I'm quite sure I tried most if not all solutions. So, here's the thing:

Umbraco 4.5.2.
    Windows XP (my own local IIS to be precise)
    msSQL 2008

This particular install was made by copying an installed and working version over to my computer for development purposes. We do this a lot and it's never been a problem before.

-Ferdy

Here's the event viewer log (sorry it's in Dutch)

Gebeurteniscode: 3005 
    Gebeurtenisbericht: Er is een onverwerkte uitzondering opgetreden.
    Gebeurtenistijd: 4-2-2011 12:51:31
    Gebeurtenistijd (UTC): 4-2-2011 11:51:31
    Gebeurtenis-id: aff9955b3bf6453eaf78c36ccafe1629
    Gebeurtenisreeks: 123
    Gebeurtenisinstantie: 3
    Gebeurtenisdetailcode: 0

Toepassingsinformatie:
        Toepassingsdomein: /LM/W3SVC/1/Root-4-129412921387785560
        Vertrouwensniveau: Full
        Virtueel pad toepassing: /
        Toepassingspad: C:\Inetpub\umb - nieuwsbrief portal\
        Computernaam: PC09

Procesinformatie:
        Proces-id: 1020
        Procesnaam: aspnet_wp.exe
        Accountnaam: PC09\ASPNET

Uitzonderingsinformatie:
        Uitzonderingstype: HttpException
        Uitzonderingsbericht: The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData' is not allowed.

Aanvraaginformatie:
        Aanvraag-URL: http://localhost/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData
        Aanvraagpad: /umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData
        Hostadres gebruiker: 127.0.0.1
        Gebruiker: 
        Is geverifieerd: False
        Verificatietype: 
        Accountnaam thread: PC09\ASPNET

Threadinformatie:
        Thread-id: 1
        Accountnaam thread: PC09\ASPNET
        Imiteert: False
        Stacktracering:    bij System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
       bij System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       bij System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Stacktrace (found by using firebug):

The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData' is not allowed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData' is not allowed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/umbraco/webservices/TreeClientService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData' is not allowed.]
    System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +2875866
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8681378
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155
  • Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 04, 2011 @ 16:10
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Check out this topic (IIS module mapping), might help? Is this the first 4.5.2 version on your local machine?

Feb 04, 2011 @ 16:11
    Sebastiaan Janssen

By the way, make sure your application pool is running in integrated pipeline mode, not sure if you can do that on XP?

Just install Win7 already! ;-)

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Feb 07, 2011 @ 10:21
    Ferdy Hoefakker

Sorry for the late reply, weekend got in the way ;)

Anyway! As for the installing of Win7, if you can convince my boss to buy me a copy, sure! But, back on topic. The link you gave in your first post had the answer I was looking for!

Originally posted by: Vladimir Dobrov aka volandzz

The problem was in URL Rewrite module of IIS that was installed by my hosting provider.

This module adds mapping of "*" requests to aspnet_isapi.dll. That causes "The HTTP verb POST used to access path ‘[my web service's URL]‘ is not allowed" exception when you try to call webservice via AJAX. I eliminated the problem by removing the mapping of ‘*’ to aspnet_isapi.dll in my IIS settings.

So, I checked my IIS, and sure enough, it directed "*" requests to my aspnet_isapi.dll. Removing this mapping solved all the issues, and my trees now load normally :D

Thanks!

-Ferdy

Feb 07, 2011 @ 10:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Haha, well, you can talk to your boss yourself and suggest that a 10(!) year old OS might not be the best environment any more for your productivity. A better OS will help make you create websites faster.

Anyway, I'm glad that it's solved now!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft