Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jos Groeneveld 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 06, 2011 @ 14:51
    Jos Groeneveld

Customize skin produces 'Error on page'

Hello everybody.

I'm a newbie at umbraco, so may be the problem is already solved somewhere in this (overwhelming) forum. After installing umbraco 4.6.1 with webPI, with Business starterkit and umedia skin, when I switch to 'Settings/Templates/Starterkit Master' and press the [modifyTemplateSkin] button on the toolbar, the page shows with the next error-message:

'Message: Exception thrown and not caught
    Line: 84
    Char: 139
    Code: 0
    URI: http://localhost:88/umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js

Line: 183
    Char: 17
    Code: 0
    URI: http://localhost:88/?umbSkinning=true&umbSkinningConfigurator=true

I'm not able the customize the skin , use the 'Logout:administrator' button etc.

What am I doing wrong ? (and more important: how to solve this ?)

I'm running umbraco locally using Windows 7, IIS 7.5 and MSSQL 2005.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 23:19
    Lesley

Hi there,

Are you having similar problems in other parts of Umbraco? Is it just that template that has the problem?

These are javascript errors, which makes me think to check the following for starters:

Is javascript enabled in your browser? (Which browser are you using, by the way?)

Clear your browser cache.

Check that /umbraco_client/ui/jquery.js exists, it should be 77kb. (Sometimes files don't get unzipped correctly.)

Check that you have the jquery files (1.4.2.min and 1.4.4.min) in your /scripts directory.

Any help?

• Jos Groeneveld 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 19, 2011 @ 15:59
    Jos Groeneveld

Hello Lesley,

Thanks for your answer. I found in other posts that the Business starter kit give other people also problems, so I replaced this with another startkit.

Regarding your questions: javascript is enabled, I cleared the cache several times and both js-files have the correct versions/size and I'm using IE 8.

If you have other ideas to solve the problem please let me know, because I think the idea behind the Business starter kit is great and would like to use it as a starting point for my umbraco-experience.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft