Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 16:06
    Paul A

On upgrade to 4.5.2 -> "The Delete Statement Conflicted with the Same Table..."

Hi,

Trying to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.5.2. Have tried this a few times but keep getting same error. Right after the screen that says the next step will upgrade the database I get a .NET error complaining about (... see title) on FK_umbracoNode_umbracoNode (with some mention of 'ParentID').

I hit 'back' and tried again and the install carries on and finished fine. There are some probs later though. All 'Link to document's are #. Republishing node by node seems to get it to work, but that only works on smaller sections.

Permissions on the DB user seem fine. Folder permissions fine. Anything else I can try to get the upgrade to run without error?

Thanks,

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 12:42
    Tim

Try running /umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true that should republish all the site XML (and the media library cache). Does that sort out the problem?

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Feb 14, 2011 @ 10:46
    Paul A

Cheers for the reply... But that didn't help. I'm gonna start from scratch with the upgrade. There are a couple minor problems in our DB (I think) that are causing some code somewhere to crash. Trying to iron out the wrinkles.

Thanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft