Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• aghy 129 posts 308 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 17:21
    aghy

aspnethosting.co.uk

Hi All, 

Has anyone used aspnethosting.co.uk for their hosting? 

Just looking at thier site they have servers based in Manchester and everything an umbraco developer would need!

Very good prices compared to other companies.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Ben

• Tom Hare 49 posts 81 karma points
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 10:58
    Tom Hare

Hi Ben,

I've recently purchased their Starter hosting plan (the cheapest one) and it seems fairly decent. They provide a basic control panel called WebsitePanel which should serve all your needs in terms of creating FTP accounts, databases (MS and MySQL), email addresses etc.

After a small problem with .Net 4.0 configuration (which was sorted in 5 minutes using their good live chat support), I had no troubles at all in uploading and installing Umbraco 4.6.1 and so far (touch wood!) I haven't had any problems using it.

I decided to go with them as they promise to keep their servers up to date with the latest technologies and also because they offered .Net 4.0 out-of-the-box which is surprisingly rare to come across! By comparison, I also have hosting with eUKHost and, whilst their control panel is more expansive than aspnethosting's, I've found their .Net support to be a lot more sketchy (I think they manually install it on your hosting rather than upgrading the whole server).

Anything else let me know and I'll try answer your questions!

Cheers,
    Tom

• aghy 129 posts 308 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 00:48
    aghy

Hi Tom,

After reading this I got giddy and decided to buy the professional one. Slight hiccup with the remote management working straight away but a support email and less than an hours wait and all was sorted.

I also got a .com for 5 years which cost me £35 which I thought was very good value!

Anyway I'm just about to install umrbaco on my first domain.

Thanks

Ben

• Tom Hare 49 posts 81 karma points
    Feb 14, 2011 @ 11:08
    Tom Hare

Sounds like very good value!

Let me know if you come across anything useful/unusual etc.

Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft