Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eddie Foreman 215 posts 288 karma points
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 11:42
    Eddie Foreman

No Context Menu

Hi All,

Not sure why this is happening, but when I first go into a section I can use  the context menu once (say to create a new media folder).  If I then attempt to load the context menu again, I get the following error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
    Timestamp: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:26:14 UTC

Line: 1
    Char: 940
    Code: 0
    URI: http://localhost/umbraco/js/umbContext.js

If I refresh the page I get the context menu on the root folder (say media), but on all sub items I get the above error.

Have double checked all of the folder permissons, and they appear to be fine.

umbraco v 4.0.4.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.3811.17115)
    Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Thanks,

Eddie

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 12:31
    Tim

Hi @Eddie,

Is this a fresh install of 4.0.4.2, or is it an older one? Also, has it always had this problem, or have you installed any packages recently?

Feb 09, 2011 @ 12:48
    Eddie Foreman

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply.  It's a copy of the production server, which has been installed on a staging server, for additonal development work. I have done this a couple of times in the past, and have never had a problem with the context menu.  There are no new packages installed, or as far as I'm aware no changes to the staging envirment.

Thanks,

Eddie

Feb 09, 2011 @ 13:12
    Tim

Wierd. The only thing that springs to mind is that it might be an issue with ClientDepenedency. To check if it is, edit your web.config file, and set debug to true in the compilation node. That'll kill ClientDependency entirely. If the context menu works again, then it's definitely that, otherwise, I'm not sure what the issue could be!

Feb 09, 2011 @ 14:20
    Eddie Foreman

Hi Tim,

Debug was already set to true.  Setting this to false made no difference. Not sure if this is relevant, but the context menu works in all other sections, it just seems to be the media and content sections only.

Any thoughts!

Thanks,

Eddie

Feb 09, 2011 @ 14:48
    Tim

That's very odd! I'm not sure what else it could be to be honest. I think Shannon D and Slace are they best people to speak to, I think they did the refactored tree.......

Feb 17, 2011 @ 11:10
    Eddie Foreman

Hi Tim,

Thanks, still not resloved this. 

Will take a copy and install it locally.  Just incase it's something on the staging server.  If this does not hightlight anything, then I'll get in touch with  Shannon D or Slace

Thanks again,
    Eddie

Feb 17, 2011 @ 13:14
    Eddie Foreman

Hi Tim,

Resolved the issue. 

The live site has Courier installed, which is not required on the staging server.  Deleted the dll and all is well.

Thanks,

Eddie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft