Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Profiterole 232 posts 264 karma points
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 13:15
    Profiterole

downgrade 4.6.1 to 4.5.2

Hi guys! Last week my site was on 4.5.2 and last weekend I decided to upgrade to 4.6.1 to fix bugs. But then, in rush hours it takes 3 to 4 minutes to load the site!! I have a site to help students with their after school homeworks, so between 4pm and 7pm, there are hundreds of hit(700-800) on my site(1,000 nodes) and the cpu goes 100% and w3wp.exe fails, etc. In non  rush hours, the site goes well.

I'd like to downgrade so the site can work well again. So, for downgrading, I only have to replace the files with 4.5.2 ones?

Thank you for your help

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 22:35
    Lesley

I've never had to rollback an upgrade but the procedure you suggest sounds reasonable. Put the 4.5.2 files (bin, umbraco, umbraco_client folders) in, restart IIS, and clear your browser cache to test.

I'm more curious about the root of the problem though. What are the specifications of your server? 800 hits in three hours shouldn't really be an issue...

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 22:38
    Rasmus Berntsen

You haven't got a backup of your website and database before you upgraded?

• Yannick Smits 321 posts 718 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 23:21
    Yannick Smits

usings lots of XSLT macro's? That's a known bug, seen more people having performance problems due to this. There is already a fix for it in this fork you might want to try before downgrading.

• Profiterole 232 posts 264 karma points
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 18:42
    Profiterole

Hi guys, thank you for your answers. I can't have access to database, so I download files by ftp before I update to 4.6.1. So, for now, I just put back the files and everything worked. And, since wednesday, my site is back on track and works well.

@Yannick, I read your links and it's exaclty what happened to me and it look like my trace. So, I'll wait for next official release and I imagine that the patch will be applied "officialy".

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft