Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 22:52
    Jesper Hauge

Cannot load backend properly

Ok this has been bugging me for several hours now.

Just developed a site, and deployed it to my own Win2008R2 server that is already running several umbraco sites. Site is running v4.5.2 on .NET 4.0. Its running in it's own app pool, using the network service account.

Site is running fine front-end wise, all content is displayed as expected, and it's even possible to use functions in the front end that actually adds documents to the site through the Umbraco API.

But when I log in to Umbraco I see the following screen:

First of all here's what I've already (double) checked:

• Database access rights for the account configured in web.config.
    • File system ACL for the account the app pool is configured to use.
    • File content correspondence between test site running i dev environment and server (copied the exact content of \bin \umbraco and \umbraco_client folders)
    When I inspect what's happening during the load of the page I notice a couple of odd things:
    • The loading of /umbraco_client/images/progressbar.gif retuns a http 400 status (bad request). Probably because the Url it's actually requesting since it has a lot of css gunk attached to the end of the url (/umbraco_client/images/progressbar.gif)%20center%20300px%20no-repeat;overflow:auto;font-size ...)
    • Browsers reports an error in one of the JavaScripts returned by DependencyHandler.axd the error is:
      "Uncaught ReferenceError: Umbraco is not defined"
    • Browsers report an erorr in an embedded javascript on the umbraco.aspx page error is:
      "Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'UmbQuickSearch'
    So far I'm inclined to believe this problem is connected to the loading of the scripts and css for the Umbraco backend, but I cannot figure out what I need to do make the problem go away.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jesper Hauge

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Feb 09, 2011 @ 23:43
    Jesper Hauge

Tried several times to write this in the question but kept getting a xslt error when editing so:

UPDATE: Just tried updating the site to v4.6.1 by overwriting bin, umbraco and umbraco_client folders. Problem persists, but now it's only progressbar error, javascript errors are gone.

.Jesper

• Andrew 11 posts 32 karma points
    Mar 17, 2011 @ 11:31
    Andrew

I have the some issue though I noticed that it works if I use it from the acutual server but is broken when trying to use the backend remotley, Odd! Could it be a permission issue?

Mar 17, 2011 @ 13:11
    Andrew

No its broken all the time I made a compy of my umbraco folder. Upgraded to 4.7 and had the same error on remotley and viewing from the server. I then went back to the backup version and I cannot view that remotley or off the server. I tried on IIS 7 as well as 6 using a different server and that gives the same error but displays a bit more of the admin site

Mar 17, 2011 @ 14:33
    Andrew

It is working again now on the server seide I think it is a javascript dependancy issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft