Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bruno 30 posts 50 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 00:30
    Bruno

no pages found error

When I open umbraco in the browser I get redirected to this URL: http://localhost/umbracoCMS/config/splashes/noNodes.aspx with a 'no pages found' error. The Simple Website is installed.

Also, in the admin dashboard, the images are missing.

I have umbraco installed in IIS7.5. I believe it might be a permissions problem but I am not sure.

Feb 10, 2011 @ 00:39
    Bruno

For some reason, republishing the site temporarily fixed the issue. The site was already published before so I'm not sure why that happened.

Now I get the following error:

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt

The xslt folder in the umbraco root folder is empty.

Below is the admin dashboard with one of the missing images (the image does exist):

When looking further into the issue, I found out that the path that IIS7.5 is looking for the image is incorrec, it should be C:\inetpub\wwwroot\umbracoCMS and not:

Should I change the web.config from:

<add key="umbracoPath" value="~/umbraco" />

to:

<add key="umbracoPath" value="~/umbracoCMS" />

? Even so the images don't appear.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 07:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bruno

Have you made any special stuff with your installation?

Otherwise check if the network service and iusr have the correct permissions on the umbraco root folder. Also check if the application pool is running integrated mode.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 10, 2011 @ 14:36
    Bruno

Jan, I've been trying to install Umbraco for the past couple weeks on IIS7 unsuccessfully. This may be the 8th attempt at installing. I believe this was a manual install.

IUSR has Full Control starting from the root directory down.

And the application pool is running on .Net 4.0 Integrated.

Would it help if I provided you with the web.config?

Feb 10, 2011 @ 14:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bruno

Please try to give the network service the same rights as iusr. Is the app pool identity set to set to network service also?

/Jan

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 14:44
    Tom Fulton

Hi Bruno,

Is the Umbraco site configured as it's own website or a virtual directory with it's own Application?  Or is wwwroot\umbracoCMS just a subdirectory under the main site?  It will need to be a virtual directory/application to work properly.

Regarding the "No nodes found" issue, this is a known issue that occurs when the site starts up and the database server is not available for whatever reason.  Republishing any node fixes it.  Darren posted a workaround on his blog, but I also think I saw a patch come through for this so it may be permanently resolved in the next version.

-Tom

• norm 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 07, 2011 @ 21:51
    norm

Hello Bruno,

regarding the "Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt" error, any news to this case? I have the same problem but no solution...:(

Mar 08, 2011 @ 12:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Norm

Is your installation looking like the what Bruno posted on the screendump?

Have you checked the above suggestions to see if these could perhaps solve your problem?

What version of Umbraco are you running?

/Jan

Mar 08, 2011 @ 13:50
    Bruno

Sorry guys, I've been really busy lately and haven't had a chance to play around with Umbraco.

I will be coming back soon though!

Good luck with the solution.

Mar 08, 2011 @ 19:28
    norm

Hello Jan,

>> Is your installation looking like the what Bruno posted on the screendump?
    yes, here are my screens:

>> Have you checked the above suggestions to see if these could perhaps solve your problem?
    yes, sure..

>>What version of Umbraco are you running?
    4.7 downloaded yesterday

merci!

Mar 08, 2011 @ 21:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Norm

I really think you need to double check your permissions on the root folder containing the umbraco folders and files and make sure that network service and iusr has full permissions to see if the issues lies in here. Make sure these are inherited all the way down.

Also look at the content of the client dependency folder to see if there are perhaps some cached styling or something that could brake havoc.

Are you behind some kind of firewall that could block access or something like that?

/Jan

Mar 08, 2011 @ 23:12
    norm

Hello Jan,

everything has full permissions...

no firewalls..

regards
    norm

• Steve Winslade 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 18:36
    Steve Winslade

I have followed the instructions to the letter on a brand new install, and run into the exact same issue. Interestingly, I have found that if I create a site, say called "TestSite", in IIS and the relevant directory in Windows, although the site is created a subfolder called "TestSite" is also created which contains about 4 folders. Comparing this to the non-manual install process, this folder does not get created. So, if I move this folder to the root, the errors go away, the links work, but none of the images or styles work.

This looks like a bug when creating the site to me?

Thanks for any help.

Mar 09, 2011 @ 21:02
    norm

New thread, because we discuse here two issues.

Here are the thread about the "Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt" Error:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/18210-umbTopNavigationxslt-ERROR

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft