Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shannon 148 posts 171 karma points
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 15:59
    Shannon

Porting Umbraco to Azure - Getting wierd error on login to admin pages

I am trying to port a currently running Azure installation. When I try to log in to the admin page, I get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SocketException (0x2afc): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found]
    System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6) +7894363
    System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress) +474
    Cultiv.EnvironmentIndicator.IndicatorAdapter.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +331
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +11255535
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3048

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Has anyone see this before?

• Shannon 148 posts 171 karma points
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 17:05
    Shannon

Grrr... Disreguard.

• kows 81 posts 151 karma points c-trib
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 17:18
    kows

all i can think of is problem with connection to SQL server (based on error),

else i'm clueless. haven't worked with azure.

• Cavan Arrowsmith 20 posts 42 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 13:53
    Cavan Arrowsmith

Hi Shannon,

I have had experience with the same error message. In your Azure environment, do you have 2 Web Roles instances? If you do, I think this is causing the issue. If you only have 1 web role instance I have found that you do not experience this error.

If you go to the Content Section, select a website and click the Preview icon, I almost always receive the error message first time. Refresh the page 3-4 times and the preview works correctly and the error disappears until I preview a different website page.

• David Frassoni 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 22:15
    David Frassoni

Review your Web.Config file, it seems there are wrong configuration values

E.g.: If you are using azure caching services ensure to enter full url ("serviceName.cache.windows.net")

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft