Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yoel Sommer 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 22:48
    Yoel Sommer

Issue with Starting Kit Install in Umbraco 4.6.1

Hi,

I'm new to Umbraco (4.6.1) and I'm trying to install it localy on my machine (Win7 32bit) so I could evalute the platform. The installation goes well until the point I try to install the starting kit at which I get the below. After that even if I can log to the platform, I'm not able to do to match. It doesn't let me to re-install the starter kit and I can't install any other kit.

so far I tried  the following.

1. Install without the kits and install through the admin section which didn't work.

2. Setting full control permissions for the application pool.

I'm not sure what else to do.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

-Y

The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]
    System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +2252153
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +108
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.Import(XmlNode xmlData) +459
    umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +187
    umbraco.presentation.install.steps.Skinning.loadStarterKits.SelectStarterKit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +416
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563
  • Jameskn 64 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 00:38
    Jameskn

Hi Yoel, 

Did you have any luck fixing this? 

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/3508-Install-local-package-'The-given-key-was-not-present-in-the-dictionary'-error

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/3499-Custom-data-type-issue?sort=newest

Might help you out ?

James

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 12:23
    Kim Andersen

Hi Yoel

I guess that your app pool runs on .NET 4.0 and in integrated mode right?

Did you dowload the source code from Codeplex and have compiled it yourself, or just donwload the "normal"/"redy-to-go"-version?

It seems that you are not the only one with this problem. Maybe one of these posts can help you out as well.

/Kim A

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 12:23
    Kim Andersen

Hi Yoel

I guess that your app pool runs on .NET 4.0 and in integrated mode right?

Did you dowload the source code from Codeplex and have compiled it yourself, or just donwload the "normal"/"redy-to-go"-version?

It seems that you are not the only one with this problem. Maybe one of these posts can help you out as well.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft