Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dariune 21 posts 40 karma points
    Feb 19, 2011 @ 18:35
    Dariune

Not working in IIS

Hi all

A friend introduced me to Umbraco and set it up on my machine and attached a site i had built to it so i could see it in action.

Being impressed with it (and not wanting to spend the next few weeks building my own CMS) i decided to use it for my next site.

Problem is i cant get it working again.

I copied the files into a new directory. Went onto IIS and added the site and its just saying it cant be found.

Thinking i must have forgotten something in IIS i created a dummy site in Visual Studios and added that in IIS and it worked fine.

Does anyone know what im missing?

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 19, 2011 @ 20:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Dariune

How have you setup the Umbraco site in IIS?

Are you sure you have mapped it to the correct folder and that the permissions of the umbraco folder is correct? (network service and iusr needs to have the correct permissions).

And what does the app pool settings look like?

Are you running it as a virtual directory?

Please provide some more information about your setup.

/Jan

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Feb 19, 2011 @ 20:57
    skiltz

You could use the web platform installer to get up and running.  http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/umbraco.aspx

Feb 20, 2011 @ 12:06
    Dariune

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

Im certain now that it is infact my configuration of the site in IIS rather than Umbraco because i tried creating a new site and pointing it to the one my friend set up to see if i could get that working and that doesnt work either.

The folder is mapped correctly and to double check i looked at the original Umbraco site and that was mapped to the same folder (for this test site i created)

Im not running it as a virtual directory.

The application pool is set to .net4 using the Integrated pipeline mode.

When i go to set the permissions it just brings up the windows security tab, So in there i have added full permissions to authenticated users and admin.

I get the feeling i should be doing more with the permissions but i cant remember what.

For the bindings the IP is unassigned, the port is 80 (with all other sites using port 80 currently not running, and the hostname is test.local.(http)

I then try to browse it and it says it cant find it. Very odd.

I apreciate that this is no longer an Umbraco issue but if any of you are able to help i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Dariune

Feb 20, 2011 @ 12:06
    Dariune

Double Post

Dariune

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 20, 2011 @ 12:11
    Kim Andersen

Hi Dariune

You say that you have binded the site with test.local in the IIS. Have you added this hostname to your host file in windows?

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft