Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ash 17 posts 37 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 11:36
    Ash

umbraco cms images not dislaying

Hi,

I manually installed umbraco cms 4.5 and none of the cms images are displaying.

I downloaded the build folder and placed the contents on a development server.

I created a web application in iis 7 and pointed it to the umbraco folder on the development server.

I installed umbraco and added the database successfully - through the installation step by step process

I am suspecting this is a permissions issue or an incorrect file path

• William Djingga 27 posts 53 karma points
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 12:47
    William Djingga

Hi Ash,

Have you checked the permission of your application? I will recommend you to set the full access permission for NETWORK SERVICE username or just give a full access for EVERYBODY if you are on development machine ;)

Will

Feb 21, 2011 @ 12:58
    Ash

Hi Will,

The development server has those settings

I have since tried to reinstall umbraco

I get the following screen

To be honest I have previously used the windows installer as it sets up umbraco and the database - with no hiccups. But I didnt feel comfortable trying to develop using 4.6 version

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 21:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ash

Is the application pool running in integrated mode with the network service as the identity?

And when you say that the server has those setting mentioned by William what do you mean by that? They should be set on the folder of your umbraco installation (the umbraco root folder) and inherited on all files and folder in there.

The above screendump is looking like that because of an issue with the things mentioned above.

/Jan

• Jameskn 64 posts 78 karma points
    Feb 23, 2011 @ 00:17
    Jameskn

You just need to actually give Internet Guest user I think permission of read on the umbraco directory.

Also check that you have on Windows Features 

Internet Information Services -> World Wide Web Services -> Common HTTP Features -> Static Content installed . 

Otherwise I don't believe you will see images on Windows 7. 

Feb 23, 2011 @ 13:08
    Ash

Hi all,

Thank you for your help, I am no longer working on the dev server.

I did a clean install on my own laptop and followed the advice about the network service accountand have successfully installed umbraco.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft