Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 17:57
    Tim

Connection to Repository Fails For Starter Kits

I think this maybe related to the DNS change, but when I try and set up new installs of Umbraco, when it gets to the "Install Starter Kits" stage, it fails with a "cannot connect to repository" error, looking for packages.umbraco.org. I you try and navigate to that URL, it just displays a blank page.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 21, 2011 @ 22:07
    Jan Skovgaard

I Have experienced this one too.

/Jan

• Christer Josefsson 55 posts 93 karma points
    Feb 24, 2011 @ 19:47
    Christer Josefsson

This is still an issue, whats up with this????

Feb 28, 2011 @ 18:04
    Tim

You can get round this by going in to the web.config and setting "umbracoConfigurationStatus" to the version of Umbraco that you are installing (e.g. "4.6.1"), that will complete the installation, but you'll have to install any starter kits manually.

• Christer Josefsson 55 posts 93 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 22:49
    Christer Josefsson

@Tim: That really does not solve the problem. I still can not install starter kits for some reason. The same error message is shown inside Umbraco...

Mar 05, 2011 @ 19:19
    Tim

I know, it's just a way of getting round it so you can actually finish the install....... I think this is related to the DNS change they did a week or so ago, but I'm not sure. There's an issue looged for this on codeplex that has some further info. If you haven't already, you can vote for the issue here:

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29878

There are also some suggestions on how to fix, see if those work (I haven't had a chance to test, I'm on holday at the mo!).

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft