Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Zoster 12 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 22:11
    Steven Zoster

How to publish a content

Hi all,

I am new to Umbraco.

I watched some videos about Umbraco and I tryed to create the content of my site...well....i created everything and i chossed the option "Publish".

Well....but...just a question...what's url do i have to type to see the content of my site ?

Umbraco is running locally...any suggestion ?

Cheers.

Zoster

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 23:10
    Pinal Bhatt

In the conent section, select the node that you published. In the right hand side, select "Properties" tab. Here you will find a filed named "Link to document" and its value will be an hyperlink. Click that to view your site/page.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 25, 2011 @ 23:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zoster

When you publish a page in umbraco, you can see the url under the "properties" tab in the node where it says "link to document".

If you would like to add some navigation to your site you can go to the "developer" section and right click on the "XSLT" folder and choose to create a XSLT macro. From the dialog that appears there is a dropdown with some predefined snippets - choose the one that is called "navigation prototype". When it's created just hit the save button.

Now you can place this macro on your master template in the "settings" section under "templates" and you should see some basic navigation on your site :-)

Hope this makes sense to you - otherwise don't hesitate to ask for some help.

I hope you have fun exploring and learning Umbraco.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft