Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steven Zoster 12 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 26, 2011 @ 15:06
    Steven Zoster

Problem: Page publishes not found

Hi all,

I published something on my local Umbraco.

Some people who answered my questions about the url to use to display the pages, wrote me to use the name of the pages in the property section of the Content I created.

Well, for instance....i created a page and the url in the property section is /Umbraco/products.aspx

When i try to display this pages using my browser, the page is not found; i checked the existence of the page, but I can't find the file.....so....what's the problem ?

What's the right way to publish my contents ?

Moreove, if i create a page, I publish it and i click on the button "preview" i always got the message "page not found".

Any suggestion ?

Cheers.

zoster

Feb 26, 2011 @ 15:34
    Steven Zoster

Hi,

I created other 2 documents, and when I click "Preview" I always got an empty page.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers.

zoster

Feb 26, 2011 @ 16:36
    Steven Zoster

Hi all,

I've found a solution; it was because I don't know Umbraco very well...it was the template I applied to my pages....I've studied something about Data Types....but I must definitely study something about Template too.

I am going to keep going on studying....:-)

Cheers.

Zoster

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 26, 2011 @ 19:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zoster and welcome to the nice world of Umbraco

I'm happy to see that you have been able to move on even though no one managed to answer your post before you became wiser on Umbraco.

I'm just wondering if you still have problems with the preview mode? And what version of Umbraco are you running?

If you at some point experience that Umbraco is not showing recently published pages on your website and the template has been setup to it properly then it's always a good idea to refresh the XML cache (The umbraco.config file, which is found in the App_Data folder). You can refresh the XML cache by going to the "content" node in the "content" section and right click it and choose "Republish entire site".

Then possible missing nodes should appear on the website. Just a little tip in case you come in this situation :-)

I hope you have fun learning Umbraco and please don't hesitate if there is something that don't make sense to you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft