Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Harv 18 posts 38 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 15:15
    Harv

Problems duplicating an umbraco instance

I have an umbraco 4.5.2 site I've developed with .net 4.0 and sql server 2008 and now I want to create a duplicate.

To do this I did the following:
    1) created a copy of my code base
    2) backed up db, restored it to the same sql server instance under a different name
    3) changed all the config files to point to this new db
    4) deleted umbraco.config

When I run the project I can login to the umbraco backend and see all the content...good I thought, all done. But when I click on a page to view it in the backend I get this exception:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]   umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +257   umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +939
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +92
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +197   System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +79
    umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1460
    System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

Furthermore if I try to create a new document, it shows me the correct document types available, but then get this error:
    [KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.]   System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) +2252153   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.GetNewObject(Guid DataEditorId) +72   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.controls.Factory.DataType(Guid DataTypeId) +63   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.DataTypeDefinition.get_DataType() +106   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid versionId) +618   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.addProperty(PropertyType pt, Guid versionId) +78   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +458   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.PublishWithResult(User u) +417   umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +308   System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0   umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +96   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +115   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +120   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

I'm baffled as to what's going on...can anybody tell me where I've gone wrong?

• kows 81 posts 151 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 15:32
    kows

why are you deleting umbraco.config anyway?

try republishing entire site in backoffice / recycling app pool

• Harv 18 posts 38 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 15:40
    Harv

I thought it couldn't hurt deleting it incase there was some kind of caching issue. I've also done a re-publish entire site with no effect.

I'm running this on my local machine via VS 2010 cassini web server so no app pool to recycle. I've killed the cassini server instance and started a new one though which has no effect.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft