Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stacey 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 21:50
    stacey

Configuration setting or permission for turning off content preview

Is there a configuration setting or permission for turning off content preview? In another post
    someone mentioned a preview permission, but I don’t see this (we’re using v4.6.1).

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 21:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Stacey

I Asume you have been looking for the preview button in the tiny mce datatype in Umbraco in the developer section, right?

Maybe you need to have a look at the TinyMceEditorConfig.config file inside the "config" folder in the root of the file system to see if it can be disabled in there.

(I'm not on a machine with an Umbraco install on at the moment, so I can't pinpoint you directly where to look in the file).

/Jan

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 22:00
    Dirk De Grave

Have never heard of a preview permission, and removing the preview icon from the toolbar is also not an option. Any specific reason why you'd want to turn it off?

/Dirk

• stacey 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 23:30
    stacey

We wanted to know if it was possible to turn preview off to avoid loading the preview cache. There are also times when things work in preview, but not after it’s been published so in some of our environments it’s just better to check the published version.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft