Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary Bronson 137 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 20:18
    Gary Bronson

Clean 4.7.RC install skins has broken image links

I completely wiped my old database and uploaded the latest RC. After working with my host to get on a .NET 4 platform and setting all of the folder permissions i was able to run the install on the site. At the end of the setup I did receive a message saying something about a node already existing. After a refresh the setup continued to the end. I did select the Business template. When I run the site it showed an error in the Contact form control (contact.ascx). And the site was void of any styles or images. It was completely plain. I uninstalled all packages and then tried to reload a couple of them back in. I even added a couple of skins. Still looks plain. I right clicked on a broken image and it showed a path to an image folder in the root. There was an image folder  there but it was placed ther by the web host to display my under construction message. It contained no other images at all. I renamed the image folder and uninstalled and reinstalled templates and skins. This process did not create a folder or add images anywhere in my site to support these templates and skins.

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

Thanks

Mar 04, 2011 @ 22:57
    Gary Bronson

Ok, I completely statrte over. I wiped the db and copied over a new set of folders and ran the setup again. This time no errors during install. Installed basic template and then a skin. Stil no luck. The skins are not being applied at all. I think the packages are supposed to copy images to the media folder but nothing is showing up there.

www.skillmatics.com

• Christer Josefsson 55 posts 93 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:04
    Christer Josefsson

Can you see the css files for the skin in the settings section?

Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:13
    Gary Bronson

Yes, they are all there.

Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:14
    Gary Bronson

Another strange thing. I have to type the full URL to login.aspx to get to my umbraco login screen.

• Christer Josefsson 55 posts 93 karma points
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:21
    Christer Josefsson

have you tried /umbraco/umbraco.aspx or /umbraco/default.aspx? It might be a default document problem

Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:46
    Gary Bronson

Those get me there as well.

I noticed my scripts folder is empty. When I view source on the home page it is using jquery scripts.

Mar 05, 2011 @ 02:56
    Gary Bronson

Just wiped the db again and installed 4.6.1 and still just plain unstyled website.

• Nick Portelli 76 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 05, 2011 @ 03:41
    Nick Portelli

Where ever it downloads the styles/themes from might be down.  I know I had that issue before. Next day it worked.  I also remember seeing on twitter Neils (@umbraco) said the server takes a dive sometimes.  I still would like to know where it tries and downloads the themes.  Try again.  

Mar 05, 2011 @ 19:10
    Gary Bronson

Going on day 3. I wiped the db and installed 4.7 again. Still no good.

Can someone just tell me if they have succesfully installed in the last 3 days?

Thanks.

Mar 07, 2011 @ 22:40
    Gary Bronson

I went all out this time and totally wiped everything. I removed all folders from the site untill there was nothing. I nuked the database again so it's gone. I had my webhost set all of the permissions according to the setup screen and a few more for good measure. Things went a little smoother this time and now the imgages and other files loaded finally. However the skins did not apply themselves.

Really frustrating I must say. This is not my first install of umbraco either. I don't get it.

Mar 08, 2011 @ 17:26
    Gary Bronson

I finally gave up and moved my site to another host who supports umbraco. Now it works however, the host installed the simple website and I wanted to have a look at the business starter. So I removed all templates and skins and installed the Business and got an error. I couldn't see it because the Custom errors weren't working so I tried to delete the template and got another error. Then I modifed the web.config so i can see the actual problem and this is what I got.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_cmsPropertyData_cmsPropertyType". The conflict occurred in database "DB3234_skilldb", table "DB3234_dbskills9959.cmsPropertyData", column 'propertytypeid'.
    The statement has been terminated.

I'm having fun now..

Mar 08, 2011 @ 17:27
    Gary Bronson

Just wanted to add that I tried to install a skin and have more errors. Yea!

• Nick Portelli 76 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 17:59
    Nick Portelli

I've had a hell of a time installing the starter templates too.  Not quite sure how I got it to work, lots of tinkering.  Then the business site template seems unfinished.  There is a macro for the image slider but the images are hardcoded into the template.  And the image slider on the blog doesn't work with the macro.  I have a post here ,somewhere that tells how to fix it.  I feel your pain, there needs to be better support/attention to the template installs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft