Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• honkie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 05, 2011 @ 13:29
    honkie

Trying to install umbraco in CrazyDomains

Hi,

Would anyone be able to help me out with installing umbraco to crazydomain Australia. I am having so much trouble... I am working on a Uni project and I want to use umbraco for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tom,

• honkie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 05, 2011 @ 13:50
    honkie

I have it installed in my computer, but i want to install a clean version of umbraco in my hosting server. I have try searching the forum for solution but i am dumbfounded on what to do.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 06, 2011 @ 20:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Honkie

How did you install Umbraco on your local machine? Using the Web Installer or using the binaries?

If you have used the binaries you should be a bit familiar with the process to do it...

I'm asuming you have FTP access to the server.

Then you need to upload the files and folders from the binaries folder into the root folder on your server. Then you go to www.yourdomain.com and you should see the screen with the installation window, ready to take you through the neccesary steps.

Make sure you have database access information ready if you're using either MSSQL or MySQL. Otherwise you should just make sure that the proper permissions have been granted for the network service and the iusr I guess...and maybe the app pool settings...

I hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft