Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 07:13
    John

Web Platform Install - What's the default admin password?

Hello there,

I just tried to install Umbraco with the web platform install. It seems to have installed ok, but I can't get into the admin section.

Does anyone know what the default password is?

As an aside, I figured I would just reset it, so I am looking in my umbraco DB, but it doesn't seem to have any tables there. I'm not sure what gives.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be appreciated.

Thank you

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 08:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

There isn't one, you need to specify a password during install. But if you don't have any tables then surely something must've gone wrong. This is also why no password works, iy can't be found in the database. Try to reinstall. 

Just to make sure, did you choose a MS SQL database during install, or the SQL CE database? The latter won't give you any tables in MS SQL.

• John 115 posts 150 karma points
    Mar 08, 2011 @ 11:03
    John

Thanks Sabastiaan, you have helped me figure it out.

It appears I continue to be a noob as I did not do the install properly :(. I ran the web platform installer, and then visited the domain. It then redirected me to the admin section. I thus forgot the web based install process. I should have visited http://mydoimain/install to complete that part. In retrospect that wasn't very smart of me.

Thank you heaps for your insight, it helped me figure that out.

John

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft