Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 06:12
    Justin

Help with installation

I am very new to the Windows environment but decided to give it a try.  It is very easy in the LAMP environment to setup a CMS like Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal.  I'm having more difficulty figuring this out as I continue to run into a database problem.

When I use the Microsoft Platform Installer it supposedly installed the database and everything I need but it doesn't setup a database or give me information on how to do this.

I'm now on the Microsoft WebMatrix Quick Start trying to create an Umbraco site and it keeps barfing at the Database Server.  It's prefilled .\sqlexpress for this field but apparently that's not a good option as the error says,Cannot connect to the database ". Login failed for user 'myusert'

Could someone please help me understand what's needed here and how I set it up?

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 07:23
    Lee

You need to make sure your database allows the user 'myusert' to use the database and you can actually login via that user - Quickest way to check if that user has access is to open up SQL server management studio and try to login when it loads with this user.

Change the authentication drop down from windows authentication to SQL server authentication.. Now try and login with the user 'myusert' and see if it fails. If it does you probably haven't set the user to be allowed to login to SQL Server... See below (This is found via Securty > Logins.. Right click on the user and select properties, then go to the status section)

Some other tips on persmissions here

http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/knowledge-base/?article_id=1170

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft