Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Mar 11, 2011 @ 14:23
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Umbraco 4.5.2 in virtual directory - all images are missing

Hi all,

I've just tried to install 4.5.2 in a virtual directory and it seems to work, but all the images are missing from the backend. Is there a way to actually get them to show? :-) I guess it's because Umbraco is looking for them in the child app?

Thanks in advance!

/ Bo

• Max Mumford 266 posts 293 karma points
    Apr 20, 2011 @ 20:50
    Max Mumford

Umbraco 4.5.1 dosnt actually support installing in a virtual directory so even if you fix that issue you may well run into antoher one... As with the images not showing, if you post some more information from firebug then perhaps somebody can help you (I doubt I will be able to as I'm not yet an Umbraco Pro!)

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1101 karma points
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 12:22
    Brendan Rice

Max is bang on, Umbraco doesn't support virtual directories (not sure if this has changed). Is there any reason you can't use a website? Is there a reason you are installing an older version of umbraco?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Apr 21, 2011 @ 15:34
    Tim

There's some settings in the web.config file to set umbraco paths etc, that should allow you to set the path of your umbraco folder, you could try setting those, but they're relative to the site root, which if your virtual folder is set up correctly in IIS as avirtual folder, rather than just being a normal folder, should resolve correctly.

You should be able to install Umbraco in virtual directories from 4.5 onwards. Can you detail the steps that you went through to set up the site?

Hope that helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft