Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nigel Wilson 945 posts 2077 karma points
    Mar 12, 2011 @ 21:43
    Nigel Wilson

Media Folders - No Document exists with Version ...

Hi there

I recently upgraded my site to 4.5.2 and have only just realised upgrading has caused a problem when clicking on a media folder.

I get the following error:

No Document exists with Version '0e82e5db-8e2d-4680-8abf-1f35de7eff62'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '0e82e5db-8e2d-4680-8abf-1f35de7eff62'

I can still expand the folder and then click on an image node and this works OK.

I can also create a new media folder however initially I get the same error, but can reload the tree and the folder is there.

The "Folder" has a couple of custom fields added to it - a textstring and rich text editor, but nothing else.

Can anyone pleae shed some light on where to start looking / what to do to fix this problem. From the forum searches I have completed it appears most people have had problems with incompatible packages for images, but as I am referencing a folder with no packages applied (eg multiple file upload) I assume it would be nothing to do with installed packages.

Thanks

Nigel

Mar 12, 2011 @ 21:57
    Nigel Wilson

Also is anyone able to explain the relevance / importance of the version ID with respect to the database structure, ie apart from being stored within cmscontentxml where else is it saved.

Thanks

Nigel

Mar 12, 2011 @ 22:00
    Nigel Wilson

Me again . . .

A realisation has struck - I wonder if it is related to the fact I am using the legacy xml schema for the site ?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 13:11
    Douglas Robar

Hi, Nigel,

This is a weird one to be sure! Here's what I'd recommend to try and find the issue.

1. Back up your files and database (you know, just in case)

2. Download the umbraco 4.5.2 zip file, unblock it, and extract it somewhere.

3. Use a tool like WinMerge to compare the virgin 4.5.2 files of step 2 with what is in your site. Compare all config files that are different, looking for new entries you don't have on your upgraded site, look for files that only exist in the 4.5.2 folder but not in your upgraded site, etc. There will be differences because one is an empty site and one isn't, but you should be able to explain all the differences. 

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

cheers,
    doug.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2011 @ 13:22
    Jeroen Breuer

Do you use a RTE on your media type? That's a bug in Umbraco 4.5 and fixed in 4.6: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29258.

Jeroen

Mar 15, 2011 @ 17:49
    Nigel Wilson

Hi Doug & Jeroen

Thnak you for your replies.

Jeroen - you have "hit the nail on the head"... Wicked...

Doug - thanks for your suggestion and yes that is a great idea but thankfully (this time) I don't need to undertake a file comparison.

Cheers for your help - very very much appreciated.

Regards

Nigel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft