Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tommy Albinsson 121 posts 254 karma points
    Mar 16, 2011 @ 14:54
    Tommy Albinsson

Listing of files in umbraco gui only work for localhost

Hi,

I have set up the a umbraco site with the latest version on a windows 2008 r2 server.

I have a problem though. When a apply my binding to the site in the IIS for example, test.newsite.local/umbraco/ i am able to access the umbraco backend but every folder is empty.

If i let the localhost binding remain on the site and use localhost/umbraco/ the folders and files loads correctly. In my opinion the right permissions are set on the site in IIS.

Any suggestions on what i can do?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2011 @ 14:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tommy

What version of Umbraco are we talking about here?

And when you say the right permissions have been set, what services/users have they been set on and to what? :-)

/Jan

Mar 16, 2011 @ 15:05
    Tommy Albinsson

Thanks for the quick answer, i could have been more precise in my explanation :)

4.6.1 of umbraco.

I have only added IIS_IUSR group with modify permission. Everything else was there after the install. The problem is when accessing it via localhost/umbraco/ the nodes can be expanden and i can edit everything.

But when i added the mapping as i mentioned above, the nodes can not be expanded any more. The folders seem to load correctly but the content does not show up. For example when going to the developer tab i can't expand the config folder (no arrow on the left side). But when accessing via localhost/umbraco/ it seems to work just fine.

Mar 16, 2011 @ 15:11
    Tommy Albinsson

hmms, very strange. It seems to be the picture representing the arrow that is not beeing loaded correctly :) I can now expand the nodes but i don't see the arrow :P Oh well, that will work for now.

Another question, distributed call do it update the masterpages as well?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 16, 2011 @ 15:16
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tommy

Both IUSR and Network service should be assigned permissions if I remember correctly.

Is your app pool running classic or integrated mode?

Not sure about what you mean with the last question?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft