Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 00:59
    MartinB
    0

    Backend is suddenly incredibly slow

    Hi there

    I'm running an Umbraco installation (umbraco v 4.5.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3858.40498)) with two domains in it - around 120 nodes.

    My templates are fairly simple, on some of them i have 6-10 mediapicker fields that gets called by some inline XSLT on showcase pages.

    Opening, saving and publishing a node regardless of template type suddenly takes 25 secs+ and in FireBug i can see it's the EditContent.aspx that's causing the delay, but i don't know why.

    My umbracoLog doesn't report any errors regarding opening and publishing and i'm not doing anything fancy. I do have a little macro on some of my showcase pages that just renders a table with the entered data from a Tab with a editor assigned to it, pure text.

    In this post: http://www.rightpointconsulting.com/community/blogs/viewpoint/archive/2010/07/27/umbraco-resolving-the-opening-edit-screen-is-very-slow-when-macros-are-present-issue.aspx ; i'm able to see some similarities but i'm a bit unsure about what their solution was.

    Does anyone have any pointers as to what i could do to fix this issue? I have already truncated the umbracoLog table and even tried to set debug and trace mode to false in the web.config with no luck.

    Your help is much appreciated!

  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 01:08
    MartinB
    0

    Found this remark in this thread:

    http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/14595-Working-with-macros-is-slow

    "I've just fiured out that if if you deselect "Render content in editor" on the macro everything is fine"

    Problem is, i need to be able to insert macros in the editor. How can i go about this?

  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 01:17
    MartinB
    0

    Ok, removed the checkmark in "Render content in editor" on all my macros. that didn't help one bit :/

  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 01:38
    MartinB
    0

    Both "Use ind editor" and "Render in editor" has been unchecked for all macros. No improvement at all

  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 18:08
    MartinB
    0

    Noone has any pointers as to how i can track this behaviour?

    Any help is much appreciated!

  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 19, 2011 @ 18:16
    MartinB
    0

    Sorry the link in #0 seems to be broken. The adresse is:

    http://www.rightpointconsulting.com/community/blogs/

    viewpoint/archive/2010/07/27/umbraco-resolving-the-opening-edit-screen-is-very-slow-when-macros-are-present-issue.aspx

    Can't paste the full link here so broke it up into 2

  • MartinB 411 posts 512 karma points
    Mar 20, 2011 @ 10:37
    MartinB
    0

    Webserver ip is fine, and eventlog doesn't show any unconsistencies.

    Does anyone know how i can track the events of editContent.aspx? Firebug isn't really helping me there.

  • Bradley Kronson 58 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 12:40
    Bradley Kronson
    0

    Did you ever resolve this, I'm experiencing something very similar on some pages - load times of over a minute compared other pages in the site coming down in three or so seconds

  • Sander Boele 8 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 10:05
    Sander Boele
    0

    I got the exact same issue, load times of over one minute on some pages. Did you figure out how to fix this Bradley?

  • Bradley Kronson 58 posts 109 karma points
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 10:25
    Bradley Kronson
    0

    I had a number of items in the page which were doing lookups using the relationship APIs. It turns out they are EXTREMELY slow. I eventually wrote my own code to do direct database lookups for these items and my page load times increased dramatically. Same thing with the member picker controls. VERY VERY slow if you have a large number of members in the database (I have over 8000). I wrote my own autocomplete controls to do the same thing and page load speeds are perfectly acceptable now.

  • Sander Boele 8 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 10:40
    Sander Boele
    0

    I actually just figured out the issue as well. Everything worked fine until last week but we are running the site under SSL now.
    Apparently the backend is very very very slow when running with https and 'Render content in editor'  set to true.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft