Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bryan Drenner 37 posts 59 karma points
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 16:22
    Bryan Drenner

CSS, JavaScript, images not being served after installing via WPI

I installed Umbraco 4.7.0 on a dedicated server running Windows Server 2008 / IIS 7 using the Web Platform Installer.  The install seemed to go smoothly, but when I fire up the URL, the "Umbraco 4.7.0 Configuration Wizard" loads without CSS, JavaScript, or images.  I ran into this problem before in a shared hosting environment, and at that time removing the web.config section about Adobe AIR solved the problem.  However, that fix doesn't work for the current situation.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 19:15
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Bryan

What does your app pool setting look like?

/Jan

• E.J. Brennan 73 posts 114 karma points
    Mar 21, 2011 @ 21:14
    E.J. Brennan

Defintely sounds like a permissions problem. Try following these directions here to setup the permissions that are needed:

http://www.berkshiretechnologies.com/blog/setting-umbraco-permissions-under-iis-75.aspx

• Doug Mackay 56 posts 155 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 00:34
    Doug Mackay

If the permissions are ok check that IIS is set-up to serve static content. In Windows 7 (not sure if it's the same in 2008) serving static content is a feature that can be enabled under 'Common HTTP Features'

• Bryan Drenner 37 posts 59 karma points
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:57
    Bryan Drenner

Thanks for your advice.  We ended up reinstalling IIS, and then manually installing Umbraco, and it works.  Our system administrator took over for me there, so I can't say what his logic was.  He mentioned a SQL Server installation causing an error with a "managed pipeline", but I'm not sure if it's related to the original problem.

• Jinesh 33 posts 52 karma points
    May 07, 2011 @ 16:39
    Jinesh

Hello All,

I m facing same problem while installing umbraco in local environment on iis 7.5 with windows server 2008 r2....please guide me what could be going wrong ..i have followed all of the steps written on following link ....

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/how-to-install-umbraco-on-windows-server-2008

to elaborate the problem .....initially when i started installing on the server ...it was showing me all images, js and css was working ..but while installing starter kit it was not able to install it ..so i had deleted that folder from wwwroot and had removed it from iis ..and had tried with someother folder name and aplication name ..but same thing was happening i.e. while installing starter kit it was failing ..due to either web.config ( <customerror mode="off" ) or due to some permission problem ....

i had done above mentioned steps many times to identify what is going wrong but didnt get clue .....

i then came across above mentioned link and i followed it completely. But after that i started getting the initial page without css, images and js files ...

Please guide where i could have gone wrong.

Regards,

Jinesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft