Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 22:08
    Anthony Candaele

cannot install Umbraco in Medium Trust

Hi,

I'm trying to install Umbraco 4.5.2 on a Shared Host in Medium Trust.

I added the requirePermission="false" to the clientDependency setting
    configured <add key="umbracoUseMediumTrust" value="true" />
    and uncommented <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" />

but from the moment I uncomment <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" /> in the web.config file, I get this error when I try to install Umbraco on a Shared Host:

"This configuration section cannot be used at this path.  This happens when the site administrator has locked access to this section using <location allowOverride="false"> from an inherited configuration file."

If I do not uncomment <trust level="Medium" originUrl=".*" /> then the Umbraco Installation Wizard is rendered in the browser, but the css is all screwed and it hangs, clicking the 'next' button doesn't work.

Anyone experienced the same problems trying to install Umbraco on a Shared Host in Medium Trust?

Thanks for your help,

Anthon

Belgium

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 22, 2011 @ 22:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

What is the name of the hosting company? I know some people have hadd issues installing on GoDaddy for instance.

/Jan

Mar 23, 2011 @ 06:17
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

The hosting company is the Belgian hosting company Hostbasket.

Could the problem be that the NETWORK SERVICE account doesn't have full control on the webfolder?

thanks for your help,

Anthony

• Pasang Tamang 258 posts 458 karma points
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 06:47
    Mar 23, 2011 @ 14:05
    Anthony Candaele

I contacted the hosting company Hostbasket (Belgium), they told me that I don't have access to the NETWORK SERVICE user in a shared hosting environment. I need to use my own user account. Then my question is, how can I run an Umbraco installation in a shared environment where the NETWORK SERVICE user doesn't has permissions on the Umbraco webfolder?

Thanks for your advice,

Anthony

Mar 23, 2011 @ 19:48
    Anthony Candaele

After zealous attempts I start getting the impression it's just not possible to do an Umbraco installation on Hostbasket's shared host environment in medium trust because of insufficient permissions.

If someone ever did an Umbraco installation on a shared host environment of Hosbasket, please step forward.

:(

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft