Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Emlay 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 25, 2011 @ 15:21
    David Emlay

Installing 4.7 stalls

I've unzipped and rolled the Umbraco files to my hosts shared server and started the installation process. After entering the DB details the progress bar gets to 5% and hangs. The message below the progress bar says "Saving database connection...". I have checked the web.config file and the DB connection settings have been saved. In firefox(firebug) I can see it is constantly refreshing the p.aspx?feed=progress file and I never recieve an error.

Any ideas on what is happening here? 

• Fergus Davidson 309 posts 588 karma points
    Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:22
    Fergus Davidson

I had a similar issue when i installed.

It could be a permsissions issue, though i could not sort it by adjusting permissions.

If you have access to the server, i would recommend adding the database/user details to the web.config and retrying - the process should then just skip over the step.

Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:46
    David Emlay

The database settings are being saved to the web.config file so the "Saving database connection..." message is misleading. I believe it is a permission issue as well but I'm not sure what the installation is attempting to do right after saving the web.config file. The host has told me the database connection is db_owner but who knows if the schema for the user type has been modified from the default.

Should the installation not report an error at some point?

Mar 25, 2011 @ 19:14
    David Emlay

I've also found using Firefox Firebug that the installation pages make an http request to /install/utils/p.aspx/installOrUpgrade. Firebug is showing the response as 404 Not Found. The url does not make any sense to me. It later calls the p.aspx repeatately with the string ?feed=progress and this is where it hangs.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft