Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• IAMMRBONGO 29 posts 49 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 13:03
    IAMMRBONGO

Wish I'd not installed a template now

OK, I've installed a umbraco for the first time on my machine. I initially used one of the templates as one article recommended that I did (I used the one with the up carousel graphic at the top). I then decided I wanted to run through the tutorials that all suggested I used runway.

I then blew away the install by removing the self contained folder and removing the database and re-installed. I then selected a blank template.

The trouble is when I went to packages under developer I couldn't find runway anywhere. I looked through the list of packages under developer by visiting http://mysite/umbraco/ I had

• Website utitlies
    • Umbraco Pro
    • Starter kits
    • Developer tools
    • Collaboration
    • Backoffice extensions

Under none of these could I find runway. I wasn't sure if the term runway has been replaced by simple site. As I keep reading posts telling me to go to the developer tab and get the runway module there.

So I've downloaded the simple site and erm, I still can't see runway in my installed items, all I see is Simple Starter Kit.

How do I get runway? Do I already have runway? What am I doing wrong. My site doesn't look like in any of the videos

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 13:13
    Rich Green

I think you're correct in saying that the starter kits have replaced runway.

That's more tham likely why you can't find it to download.

I know the videos mention runway but the concepts are the same.

Rich

• IAMMRBONGO 29 posts 49 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 13:52
    IAMMRBONGO

They should do an update to avoid confusion really. Thanks Rich. I just want to be sure I'm doing stuff right from the offset really.

Mar 31, 2011 @ 14:00
    Rich Green

Agreed.

It might be confusing at the start (think it is for everyone) but stick with it, Umbraco is a great tool with a great community.

Best of luck, post back if you get any problems.

Rich

• Nick Portelli 76 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 16:36
    Nick Portelli

What also a slight annoyance is you can't install the packages or starter kits after the inital install too.  I've found some bugs and issues with the business one and want to submit fixes...but I don't know where.

Mar 31, 2011 @ 16:40
    Rich Green

Again agreed, I think the Business starter kit may have problems since Umbraco released 4.7.

• Nick Portelli 76 posts 102 karma points
    Mar 31, 2011 @ 16:46
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft