Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• marco 7 posts 28 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 18:58
    marco

umbracoUseDirectoryUrls + legacyAjaxCalls.asmx/js + iis7.5

Hi I have recently upgrade umbraco to version 4.7 and I would like to keep the directory urls functionality.

The problem I have at the moment is that if i enable umbracoUseDirectoryUrls=true then
    legacyAjaxCalls.asmx/js stops being served from the server returning a 500 error and therefore the content tree does not get pop[ulated anymore.

Has anyone managed to enable this settings on IIS7.5?
    Was there any ectra step to include?
    Something to do with wildcards maybe?

Any ideas will be gratefully accepted

• Niklas Hjelm 104 posts 125 karma points
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 19:05
    Niklas Hjelm

I'm having the exact same problem and it's really annoying. Haven't found any solution after searching the forums but would love to get some help also. Gurus where are you? ;)

/ Niklas

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 06, 2011 @ 19:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi guys

what version of Umbraco did you upgrade from?

/Jan

Apr 06, 2011 @ 19:26
    marco

It was originally 4.0.1 so it is also using the legacy schema for the xml xslt parsing but I have installed umbraco on it's own and then copied masterpages xslt css and other folders into it

Apr 06, 2011 @ 20:59
    Niklas Hjelm

I made a clean install on 4.6.1 and then upgrade to 4.7. Hasn't worked on either :(

/ Niklas

Apr 06, 2011 @ 22:20
    marco

I have just made a clean install, without any upgrade and still manage to replicate the issue.
    umbracoUseDirectoryUrls=true, legacywebservice.asmx/js http 500
    umbracoUseDirectoryUrls=false, legacywebservice.asmx/js http 200

on my local machine with IIS7.0 it works just fine, so it could be something to do with the latest version of IIS (7.5)

Apr 07, 2011 @ 00:33
    marco

Ok final got it to work In web.config under handlers add the following lines 

<add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

<add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

<add name="ScriptResource" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

and under httphandlers add:

<remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" />

<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->

<add verb="*" path="*.asmx" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />

<add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />

<add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false" />

This fixed my problem and now I can keep using umbracouseDirectoryUrls = true

Apr 07, 2011 @ 09:08
    Niklas Hjelm

Works perfect! Thanks Marco. Maybe this should be included in the next release?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft