Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Olsan 10 posts 30 karma points
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 20:46
    Jason Olsan

Odd behavior within the admin site after upgrading from 4.6.1 to 4.7.0

Howdy!

I've noticed a strange thing occurring since I upgraded my site. When I log into the admin site, it looks as though the page is broken. When I click on the page again, it looks correct.

I watched my production site via fiddler and I noticed that the DependencyHandler is returning a 500 on one call. If I return the page, there are no 500's.

Is this a known issue, a common sign of something incorrectly installed, or unique only to me?

Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE: This does not seem to affect the actual production website at all -- only the Umbraco admin site.

Jason

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2011 @ 22:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

Are you sure permissions have been set properly for network service and iusr?

Or maybe you need to empty the cache folder in the client dependency folder in the app_data folder (If I remember correctly).

/Jan

Apr 12, 2011 @ 22:18
    Jason Olsan

In regards to permissions, are you talking about file/directory perms? They were correct before the update, but I can run the permissions changes once more to verify.

I did clear out the cache files before I spun up the app. Could the inverse possibly be the reason? It didn't have the cached information beforehand?

I'll try both of these once I am able to though (not near workstation atm).

Apr 13, 2011 @ 18:58
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

Yes, I'm thinking about file/directory permissions. Sorry if that was not clear enough in the previous post.

I'm not sure if the cache could have influenced it.

/Jan

Apr 13, 2011 @ 23:29
    Jason Olsan

I re-ran my permissions script (wrote it so I wouldn't have to manually do the ACL changes anytime I want to create a new site).

Since then, it seems to be working fine.

Thanks, Jan!

Apr 13, 2011 @ 23:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jason

I'm happy to hear that. If you think my suggestion was the solution then please mark the post as "solved" :-)

/Jan

Apr 13, 2011 @ 23:33
    Jason Olsan

Done and done.

Thanks again!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft