This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terry P 4 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 20:42
    Terry P

New Install 4.7 - Configuration Wizard is dead

iis 7

server 2008

framework 4,0+

Installed with WebPI with no errors. I end up at a page that has no style and no menus. It acts like a problem with privs, but everything looks OK. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Terry

Apr 14, 2011 @ 21:09
    Terry P

Couple of other details

server 2008 is 64-bit  - SQLExpress database

I do see a couple of broken images and a text-based Lets get started! link (that does not work).

I removed the site and the database and re-installed, same thing.

I should say that this the second Umbraco site on this server and the first one works fine.

Thanks,

Terry

• E.J. Brennan 73 posts 114 karma points
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 21:13
    E.J. Brennan

You say the privleges 'look' ok, how did you confirm that? It *does* sound like a privileges problem to me.

Apr 14, 2011 @ 21:37
    Terry P

Under security I gave the application pool and the i_user group full control of the folder. Then I propagated that to all files and subfolders.

Digging here I found some suggestions for similar problems, I then checked the privs on those individule items (umbraco_client folder, App_data/ClientDependency, etc.).

Am I missing something? It wouldn't be the first time... :)

Apr 15, 2011 @ 20:58
    Terry P

Jumped off a cliff and did a manual install - same result.

Copied the web.config from the working site and was redirected to the login (with css and scripts) - not so sure it is privs anymore...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Terry

• Sam 184 posts 209 karma points
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 21:12
    Sam

Hi terry,

I'm no expert but I wrote this guide which has the correct permissions to use:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/how-tos/installing-umbraco-461-on-plesk-shared-host

Make sure your web config has a version number (the version your currently using) and correct db info to avoid being redirected everytime you go to your site home address:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="datalayer=SqlServer;server=YOUR SERVER NAME HERE;database=YOURE DATABASE NAME;user id=YOUR DATABASE USERNAME;password=DATABASE PASSWORD" />
        <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.7" />

Hope this helps :)

Sam.

Apr 21, 2011 @ 19:52
    Terry P

Found a solution:

Apparently the integrated security (application pool pass through) was snafu. Added a i_user account assigned it to run the site and all at once everything was as I would expect. Still don't know if the whole thing is caused by some IIS setting or what, but it is working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft