Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Harris 33 posts 94 karma points
    Apr 14, 2011 @ 23:22
    Daniel Harris

Strange problem after installing via WPI on Server 2008 Std

Hi,

I've installed Umbraco using the WPI, on Windows Server 2008 Standard (x86).

However, I am experiencing a strange problem.

If I try to navigate to the site I setup from a remote computer, such as my laptop, I get a 500 Error.

However, if I remote onto the server (so the local machine) and try to load up the site I do not get a 500 error, it's as if there are no DNS settings and it can't find the site.

What i'd expect is that when accessing it on the server, i'd get a detailed 500 error. Instead it's as if it never even finds the site.

I tried "Stopping" the site in IIS, then accessing from my laptop and it gives the Default IIS7 page. Then tried accessing from the server itself, but still acts as if it never even finds the site.

I've setup DNS correctly as I have done many times for other sites. If I am using the WPI then I was under the impression I don't need to do any manual settings as regards file/folder permissions.

Also I have tried this creating a new site at Installation time (Via WPI) and by first creating a site and then trying to install to the existing site.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft